Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL is seeking to hire a dynamic and proactive Renewable Energy Coordinator & Office Administrator based in San Diego, CA, to aid with commercial tasks to support wind, solar, and energy storage projects, offer local business development and project management support to the DNV GL staff, and assist with key administrative and office management duties. This position will also be responsible for providing, upon request, support to remote employees and employees in other offices within the Renewables Advisory business line.
Essential responsibilities will be divided between billable commercial work, project management support, and business development activities as guided by technical staff (approximately 2/3) and general office administration (approximately 1/3), as further described below. We encourage applications from people that have the ability to learn without necessarily having prior experience in all of the areas.
Commercial and Technical Support
- Provide support with proposals and bids – initial drafting of proposals using MS Word templates, project references, firm information forms and other contractual requirements, preparation of letters of transmittal, managing portal access for submissions, personalizing business development presentations, etc.
- Compile and assess market intelligence, industry trends, and relevant Customer information for business development purposes.
- Support for commercial deliverables and reports - formatting of technical reports and deliverables, document compilation, finalizing contracts or reports for execution, gathering document signatures, etc.
- Under direction of technical staff, compile content in commercial reports to prepare for subject matter experts
- Prepare and distribute monitoring reports for project-level accounting in coordination with project managers, and support invoice preparation and tracing of accounts receivable
- Support for site visit preparation – hotels, car rental, etc.
- Support technical team with upkeep and formatting of CVs and similar business development materials
- Provide support for conference preparations including logistics, administrative assistance in preparing thought leadership presentations, papers, and posters, meeting organization, etc.
- Coordination on external printing for projects
- Participation on customer calls related to business development and active projects
- Documentation management – executing data downloads from clients’ FTP sites / data rooms, internal document filing and organization, distribution to and communication with internal technical teams
- Delivery of large scale paper or electronic deliverables such as permit applications, Phase I ESAs, or other reports
- Potential to advance into a supporting role in project development or finance support
General Office Administration
- General reception duties: incoming mail/phones, greet visitors/courier services, office related shipping support, monitoring shipping area, building key cards, alarm system management, phone system management, etc.
- Lead administrative aspects of on-boarding of new employees, in conjunction with HR and IT support services
- Support visitor travel arrangements
- Oversee management of all office equipment, including local vendor management and maintenance
- Purchase of office supplies, furniture, office equipment needs (including ergonomic equipment)
- Serve as the office building representative in facilities administration matters
- Coordinate and participate actively in office meetings
- Ensure office maintenance and order, including supply room and kitchen, (assist in maintaining inventory and organization of HSE equipment)
- Filing, copying, scanning, editing documents, notes transcription, archiving, etc.
- Maintenance of copier email lists, restocking paper, toner, recycling
- Support organization of birthday, anniversary, annual holiday party and other local events
- Administrative support to remote employees, as required
- Support for miscellaneous IT and ISO-compliance related tasks for all team members
- Other duties assigned, as needed
Company & Business Area Description
- Associate's degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Technology, or another relevant field preferred
- At least 1 year of office administration or project management experience required
- Experience with technical reporting/writing, business development, QHSE issues, accounting and/or construction administration is very beneficial
- Passion for contributing solutions to stop climate change, renewable energy, and environment/sustainability will be highly regarded
- Excellent skills in MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and able to learn new, internal project management software
- Ability to operate under pressure, meet deadlines, and perform self-directed work activities
- Self-starter, quick learner, takes initiative and ownership, eager to learn new things
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Customer service approach
- Team mentality and ability and desire to work independently for the success of the team
- Ability to think critically about the task at hand and make suggestions for improvement
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively and professionally with diverse people – clients and co-workers
- Accountable for assigned tasks and projects
- Flexible and adaptable, as issues and tasks may change quickly
- Demonstrates interest and ability to continuously learn
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!