Location(s): CO - Brush; CO - Henderson; CO - Keenesburg
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position will primarily serve a plant(s) or area(s), however, they may also be requested to assist with other departments within that business area. In each Region one or more of these positions will be
- Provide technical safety consulting services to plants or areas within Xcel. Responsibilities include recognition, evaluation and recommendations for minimizing employee injuries/illnesses through hazard identification, accident investigation, audits, ergonomic assessments and review of accident history.
- Provide inspections, observations and feedback to any location on any safety related topic, issue, concern, problem or recommendation. Will function as a consultant to local safety committees, employees and management. Will assist in program development and direction and be responsible to audit the results. Provide input for safety compliance training programs and training needs.
- Partner with business area management to ensure safety regulatory requirements are understood and program compliance is being achieved for such processes as audits, accident investigations, right-to-know training, confined space training, ergonomics, safety meetings and safety committee meetings.
- Develop safety programs and policies through the Safety Manual, safety news, other safety related manuals, reports and videos.
- Maintain professional expertise. Attend professional development conferences/seminars and maintain professional certifications. Participate on internal or external task force committees related to new regulatory compliance or continuous improvement in safety. Maintains a working knowledge of current safety regulations and serves as a resource to management and employees on interpretation and compliance.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge (examples include but are not limited to 5 Years Journeyman Experience with 2 years safety program experience or Advanced Safety Certificate through National Safety Council, etc.).
- Recognized safety certification (CUSA, CSP, etc) preferred.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years safety related experience.
- Experience with OSHA Process Safety Management
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Keenesburg || CO - Brush; CO - Henderson; CO - Keenesburg || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 45451:Field Safety and Training ES || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17334
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org