Location(s): MN - Becker
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Conduct multiple, medium-to-large, critical projects and programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety and health statutes and regulations. Responsible to recognize, monitor and make recommendations to ensure workplace safety hazards are corrected through audits, ergonomic assessments and interventions ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies rules.Essential Responsibilities
- Provide technical safety consulting services to internal customers. Responsibilities include recognition, evaluation and recommendations for minimizing employee injuries/illnesses through hazard identification, accident investigation, audits, ergonomic assessments and review of accident history.
- Conduct focused work site and crew observations to identify safety excellence and hazards. Provide annual safety audits and focused self-assessments to measure and evaluate hazard controls and hazard control programs and deliver feedback to business unit management on their level of regulatory compliance. Will function as a consultant to local safety committees, employees and management. Will assist in program development and direction and be responsible to audit the results.
- Monitor and interpret federal, state, and local safety and health rules and regulations which impact the business units and recommend compliance options in conjunction with safety policies and programs.
- Develop training lesson plan content and provide regulatory compliance training to personnel for new hire safety orientations and annual OSHA required training.
- Maintain professional expertise. Attend professional development conferences/seminars and maintain professional certifications. Participate on internal or external task force committees related to new regulatory compliance or continuous improvement in safety. Maintains a working knowledge of current safety regulations and serves as a resource to management and employees on interpretation and compliance.
- Engage and influence management to help develop their responsibility and leadership in safety in their locations. Assist site management with contractor safety questions and compliance paperwork. Work with contractor safety consultant during overhaul/projects to ensure alignment and consistency in safe work expectations for work teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
- Recognized safety certification required.
- Certified Safety Professional designation (BCSP) preferred.
- Three years of work experience within the safety field.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Becker || MN - Becker || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 45451:Field Safety and Training ES || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19023
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com