Sales Engineer – Northwest Territory
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a passionate and enthusiastic individual for our Sales Engineer position in supporting our Northwest territory. If you are looking for an opportunity to expand your technical knowledge, sell world-class products, and build relationships with customers around the world, then this position is for you!
This position is located in Provo, Utah.
- Responsible for achieving personal and territory sales goals.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various products, services, and systems the company offers.
- Provides prospect/customer with complete solutions including price quotations.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company sales and marketing plans as needed.
- Maintains contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Provides inbound market information on customer requests, trends, competitor activities and pricing.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints and problems in a timely manner.
- Understands and supports sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment to all customers.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, follow-up activities supporting a 12-month forecast updated on a quarterly basis.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients and prospects.
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Follow SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of experience in technical sales and/or marketing
- Experience selling to utility, industrial, commercial, education, and/or engineering firms, in the Northwest US.
- Principle understanding of electrical power, automation, or another technical field
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
Experience using SEL products
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of electrical power systems, design principles, and operational techniques
- Experience using SEL products
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.