The Scheduler must be familiar with power plant construction (preferably simple cycle gas turbines). The Scheduler position requires a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Project and Primavera 6 (P6) software to develop, update, and maintain project schedules as assigned. The scheduler is responsible to maintain project schedules and assists the project manager by updating and monitoring each project’s P6 schedule, highlighting delays, providing visibility of upcoming milestones, and guidance for schedule management strategy. The Scheduler will update schedule information from the PM as assigned.
- Develop, report, and manage schedule data for assigned projects
- Extract schedule information from reporting systems and analyze data to report on status of the project
- Identify root cause of schedule variances and help develop contingency and catch up plans
- Lead schedule re-baseline activities as needed with the PM’s concurrence
- Support bank draw packages as necessary
- Participates in and may lead project level schedule review meetings
- Advise project manager of change orders with schedule impact
- Participates with management in development of strategies and plans
- Creates and updates P6 Schedules
- Quality control and quality assurance of project schedule
- Validate contractors’ project schedule accuracy
- Liaison with contractors scheduling resources
- Actively participate in and identify scheduling process improvement initiatives
- 5+ years of experience scheduling engineering or construction projects.
- Excellent knowledge of P6, Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior successful scheduling experience with power plant construction