Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for providing cyber security support, identification, analysis, issue resolution, implementation and integration of cyber security solutions, products and services for the Cyber Defense Center (CDC). Support the day-to-day operations of all cyber security solutions, technology, and procedures.
Perform troubleshooting using TCP/IP knowledge to diagnose and isolate common network issues.
Analyze and respond to cyber security events from network and security devices including firewalls, IDS/IPS antivirus, anti-virus and traffic analysis tools.
Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate and track information with team members and internal customers.
Document, follow and improve policies, procedures, and best security practices.
Work independently to resolve issues and follow documented escalation procedures.
Act as a mentor and escalation point for associate analysts.
Handle investigations that require additional research.
Provide feedback to senior analysts to help improve tools and procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of: Network security concepts & Information security best practices, TCP/IP networking, Unix / Linux operating systems and Windows logging & Active Directory
• At least 3 years of information security and/or networking experience
• Mid to advanced level understanding of information security concepts, attack vectors and defense-in-depth.
• Ability to work an on-call rotation with other mid and senior team members for weekend/night/holiday escalations.
• Participate in established incident response procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Self-managed and team oriented
• Deadline and detail oriented
• Highly motivated
• One or more certifications in Security/Networking including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or other security specific vendor/product certifications
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 56130:Cyber Security || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 8224
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org