The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) works to make the power grid smarter by developing and deploying innovative information technology solutions to meet New York’s dynamic energy needs. The NYISO’s Information Technology department invites applications for a full-time Security Program Lead.
The Security Program Lead provides key security administration functions to the Director, Enterprise Security & Chief Information Security Officer as part of the larger program to secure and protect NYISO resources by ensuring effective application of security standards, processes and technologies. The Security Program Lead’s responsibilities include assisting with security program administration, development and publication of security standards and documentation, engaging with internal and external stakeholders on security matters, and leading various security initiatives throughout the organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and lead the NYISO Security Awareness program, and champion a culture of security and compliance across the organization through effective & engaging communications, awareness campaigns, and other activities
- Develop and coordinate partnerships on security and compliance matters between the NYISO and government and law enforcement agencies
- Lead the NYS Security Working Group, including development of the function, organization of quarterly meetings, governance of activities, and interaction with constituents to ensure a collective approach to cybersecurity in the NYISO footprint
- Establish a security maturity measurement program using industry frameworks such as NIST and ES-C2M2, and facilitate ongoing measurement and reporting on the effectiveness of security controls, processes and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Cybersecurity, Information Systems/Technology, or Business (with extensive coursework in Information Systems) required. MS/MBA preferred. CISSP, CISM and/or CISA preferred.
- Seven to ten years progressively more responsible experience in a combination of information security, compliance, and information technology positions, including at least three years in a role with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of security concepts, standards, protocols, and technologies is desired.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
The NYISO takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and innovative reward programs.
The NYISO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.