Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the strategy around the Risk Management Frameworks, including Risk Assessments, Risk Scoring and Response, Vendor Risk, Data Privacy and Protection. Primary point of contact in relation to enterprise security risk management. Accountable for maturing risk frameworks and associated governance, and ensuring there is an appropriate security risk posture for the organization. This position will be a leader and influencer in the development of a security culture throughout the enterprise. Essential Responsibilities
- Manages the creation and execution of the Enterprise Security Risk Strategy. Ensures the Enterprise Security Risk program and all related processes and procedures are developed and maintained through continuous improvement as needed. Partners with the Enterprise Security Services leadership and key business area leaders to ensure alignment with security risk frameworks and risk tolerance levels. Work will include relationship building and strategy alignment with senior business leaders to develop and facilitate a security risk model that allows for risk based decision making across the enterprise.
- Manage a dynamic and highly technical team responsible for vendor security, risk assessments, issue remediation and risk communication to key stakeholders.
- Provides regular updates to key stakeholders in the form of security risk metrics and dashboards to communicate risk levels and facilitate risk based decisions.
- Actively and professionally engage business partners in conversations that educate and drive good risk decisions for the enterprise. Facilitate and provide consulting to business partners through thought leadership in Security Risk Management.
- Directs security activities and assessments with 3rd party partners to develop the risk plans, the remediation and ongoing adherence to our risk model.
- Assesses and applies current security trends to internal risk management practices.
- BA/BS with a concentration in computer science, technology, or business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 8 years experience in the area of I/T, Information Protection, Cyber Security, or IT Audit, including at least 3 years experience in a leadership capacity with experience working with business leaders regarding security risk topics.
- Experience utilizing common security frameworks, including but not limited to NIST and ISO.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present risk information to all levels of an organization.
- Candidate should demonstrate a strong knowledge of security controls, security risk and the ever changing security threat landscape.
- Experience building and leading a high performing team and establishing strong working relationships with business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries, and influence others.
- Ability to define and manage internal projects and milestones, and demonstrated leadership skills.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 70080:Security Governance & Risk Svc || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17242
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com