Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Perform accounting functions such as fuel recovery mechanisms, performance based regulations, regulatory assets, deferred debits, joint ventures, interchange agreements and subsidiaries of regulated entities. Perform margin analysis for various operating companies. Prepare financial reports to various agencies.
- Participate in the monthly accounting close by preparing margin analysis for NSP-MN, NSP-WI, PSCo, and SPS (OpCos) and communicating results. This includes financial analysis of retail and wholesale revenues working in concert with responsible business areas who manage daily/monthly transaction activity. Review and record unbilled revenue, deferred fuel/gas costs, and other regulatory journal entries. Evaluate jurisdictional cost recovery.
- Maintain accounting, controls and procedures for regulatory assets/liabilities and deferred debits/credits consistent with regulatory approvals and SFAS 71-Accounting for the Effects of Certain Types of Regulation.
- Research and evaluate new regulatory accounting and reporting rules and regulations. Oversight of state and federal regulatory agency compliance for accounting and financial reporting matters. Consisting accounting policies and procedures for all OpCos unless required by jurisdiction regulations.
- Provide rate case support through the coordination and preparation of responses to accounting related discovery requests or testimony.
- Prepare and coordinate state, federal and jurisdictional analysis and reporting filed with FERC and state commissions, including FERC Form 1 & 2 and other required reports.
- Provide training and oversight of accounting under FERC USOA. Consult with business areas to ensure transactions are classified to proper FERC functional class. Review includes both actual and budget to support rate case filings using historic or forecast test years.
- Provide accounting and support for joint ventures, interchange agreements and subsidiary accounting for the OpCos.
- Enhance business processes and improve controls within the department. Provide analysis to support & "signoff" for new/modified feeder systems applicable to the regulatory accounting close processes and functions. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related business degree or combination of education and experience.
- Five years’ experience in general financial accounting and reporting with an emphasis on complex accounting issues, accounting process, multiple company structure and consolidation or has satisfactorily performed the duties and responsibilities typically assigned to this level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and legal and business principles.
- Working understanding of federal, state and local tax laws.
- Demonstrated customer service and relationship partnering skills.
- Obtains on-going CPE on subjects relevant to the Company's business.
- CPA or CMA certification or MBA is desired.
- Knowledge and experience in utility accounting industry and application of FERC uniform system of accounts a plus.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75001:NSP Utility Accounting || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17215
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com