You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Senior Accountant reports directly to the Controller and performs the functions of a business analyst, performing complex, high level accounting responsibilities with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Review and/or independently preparing the quarterly and annual financial statements, incorporating any and all changes to Standards set out by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) that impact the Company, the quarterly and annual forecast/budget for the Finance Department
- Review and approve the month-end general ledger close, and perform a thorough analysis of the general ledger to ensure the highest degree of accuracy and integrity of the financial operations
- Lead projects varying in subjects, sometime multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage and lead all aspects of software changes as it pertains to settlement billing, be the Subject Matter Expert for the ISO New England Inc. Billing Policy (Billing Policy) in addition to other Finance Department functions as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a senior accountant or analyst
- Substantial working knowledge of US GAAP, financial accounting and reporting, internal controls, and Sarbanes Oxley
- Experience in writing financial statement fo
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, proficiency in PowerPoint, and Word, and minimum of five years experience utilizing an automated accounting system
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Lawson General Ledger System
- CPA desirable
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of the Utility Industry
- Experience supervising staff
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.