The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) manages competitive markets for wholesale electricity, matching the demands of electricity consumers with power supplies produced by generators and other energy enterprises. Transactions in the NYISO markets average more than $7 billion annually. The NYISO’s Finance department invites applications for a full-time Senior Accountant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating fixed asset accounting activities needed for month-end close, preparing monthly ECM financial statements for Finance Management review, and performing the Accounting & Billing for Interconnection Projects. The Senior Accountant will prepare schedules for inclusion in Monthly Financial Report and submit to Finance Management to review. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate activities needed for month-end close. Ensure all account reconciliations are performed and reviewed.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts on a daily/and or monthly basis depending on the account.
- Prepare schedules for inclusion in Monthly Financial Report and submit to Finance Management to review.
- Cross-train other Finance Senior Accounting staff on direct responsibility and accept cross-training from other members of the Finance team.
- Assist Finance Management in the development of administrative policies and procedures, and suggest process enhancements along with improvements to internal control structure.
- Maintain confidentiality of designated confidential information.
- Assist with special projects as assigned and complete other financial analysis and reporting, as requested.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of the annual and quarterly reports to FERC.
- Prepare monthly and annual census reports.
- Support activities required to complete the annual financial statement audit.
- Oversee the coordination and recording of NYISO’s fixed assets schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- CPA License required
- Five or more years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
The NYISO takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and innovative reward programs.
The NYISO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.