Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Perform general accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting close cycles and the development of subsequent internal and external financial statements and reports, including entries, analysis and reconciliation of accounting ledgers and other accounts and preparation of inter-company billings, property valuations, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.Essential Responsibilities
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of subsequent internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings. May assume a lead role, responsible for the accurate and timely analysis and reporting of various business cycles.
- Collect and analyze a variety of complex financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare complex accounting ledger entries, prepare reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, and prepare property valuations. Select methods and techniques to analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in or lead special projects as assigned. Projects may include, but are not limited to testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, conducting financial analysis and developing ad hoc reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance and consultation to clients within supported business area, including, but not limited to interpretation of account codes or financial reports, providing project status reports, and work order resolution. Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties. Consult with co-workers, clients and management on technical accounting or system-related matters.
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations and internal and external financial reporting requirements. Uses broad understanding of accounting and GAAP practices to resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative ways.
- May provide work direction and training to other analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred and may be required for some positions.
- Minimum four years general financial accounting and reporting experience, with an emphasis on complex accounting issues, processes and multiple company accounting.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and legal principles, analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working with SAP highly desirable.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75310:Capital Asset Accounting || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19577
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org