Application Engineer (SCADA, Automation)
Grow your career with Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories! SEL is seeking an experienced SCADA/Automation Application Engineer position to provide technical support to the Central/Northeast region of the U.S. If you are looking for an opportunity to travel and solve real world technical problems, train customers on SEL products and become recognized as an industry expert in a fast growing global company, then this position is for you!
The AE position will be located in Lewis Center, Ohio and the engineer will be supporting customers and providing technical assistance to customers throughout the Central and Northeast region of the US. Occasional travel may be required to areas outside the Central and Northeast regions, including the corporate office located in Pullman, Washington, and throughout the U.S. for teaching and conferences.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for AEs in Automation
- Assist Team Leader and Regional Technical Manager in leading technical support activities of the region, including directing regional conferences and seminars, implementing new processes, and owning key customer support issues.
- Contribute to product specifications, application guides, technical papers, testing, software, and literature.
- Contribute to new product development and enhancements to products.
- Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities, industry technical meetings, and conferences.
- Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, and telephone contact.
- Teach and lead in training schools for customers and SEL personnel.
- Develop expertise in Automation while maintaining and improving general knowledge of all SEL products.
- Continuously identify, measure, follow, and improve sales, marketing, and engineering quality procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer and/or IEEE Senior Member
- 5+ years experience in power systems, industry practices, and Automation
- Excellent knowledge of Automation and industry practices
- Working knowledge of products and applications in other focus areas
- Excellent technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Willingness to travel
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Experience leading project teams or supervising engineers
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Automation
- Proven expertise in a specific application or discipline
- Published application guides and technical papers at industry conference or in journals
- Detailed understanding of SEL products and their applications
- Automation = software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.