Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Supports business activities by building relationships, validating and clarifying business needs, and supporting the implementation of innovative solutions. Serves as primary liaison on developing project requirements, by facilitating the understanding of existing or the creation of application, infrastructure, operations, project needs throughout the life of the project. Responsible for alignment of change with business and IT stakeholders. Provides risk analysis, costs and timeline to business partners for proposed solutions.
- Requirements Management – Translates end user business needs to design, configure and document application solutions across multiple functional groups. Elicits requirements using interviews, documents, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis. Gains approval for business and technical requirements. Maintains traceability of requirements. Ensures functional, operational, and architectural requirements are addressed within the project or application change request. Documents configuration and system support materials including functional and technical specification for use within IT. Work with IT service delivery teams to help plan and prioritize application changes.
- Business Process Analysis – Responsible to establish core understanding of business needs. Work with subject matters experts of respective business areas to elicit and document requirements. Assist with the identification, investigation and solving production problems. Understand best practice business processes to ensure compliance and end user support in a regulated environment. Lead cross-functional process teams and continuous process improvement efforts. Provides internal support for the evaluation of proposed functionality in existing and proposed applications. Supports Business Analyst Associate and Business Analyst on cross functional process reviews across applications.
- Test Planning & Coordination – Establish and document testing approach and test plan documents. Facilitate defining test scenarios and scripts with business subject matter experts. Document test scripts and corresponding results. Test changes of software application solutions across multiple functional groups. Engage with business stakeholders to identify and articulate the user acceptance test scenarios.
- Relationship Management – Maintains and develops internal business relationships to influence successful project outcomes. Builds and maintain effective working relationships with project team members, subject matter experts and internal IT support teams. Interact with business and IT stakeholders through verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Five years’ experience developing and managing requirements that support applications development, structured analysis methods, process modeling and traceability.
- Experience with various delivery methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Ten years of Systems Analysis role experience, preferable with energy industry and SAP experience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to identify and proper technical and non-technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build subject matter and tools expertise, drive consistency in processes.
- Excellent relationship management, communication and strong collaboration skills required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56770:CO IT Operations Center || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16302
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com