You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Internal Market Monitoring (IMM) is a diverse team of economists, analysts and engineers that monitor electricity market outcomes, monitor market participant behaviors, safeguard the market from the impacts of uncompetitive bidding, and conduct in-depth economic analysis of market performance and efficiency. We work with very large data sets to answer complex questions and solve difficult technical problems. The Business Analyst serves a critical support role in identifying software and data solutions that support the IMM’s monitoring, surveillance, analysis and mitigation work.
- Work closely with the Supervisor of Market Compliance and the Manager of Market Surveillance & Analysis to understand their business needs related to software and data.
- Work closely with the economists, analysts and engineers in IMM to understand their day-to-day work, projects, unique problems and data needs.
- Facilitate meeting with IMM and ISO staff to develop business requirements, discuss IT related issues and resolve IT related problems.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of ISO-NE’s various market software systems and databases, as well as the analytical tools (i.e., SAS) used by the IMM’s economists, analysts and engineers.
- Collaborate with ISO-NE’s IT and Project Management Office (PMO) departments to specify, design, develop, implement, and test software and data solutions that help the IMM perform its work.
- Represent IMM as a liaison at inter-departmental meetings related to software and data systems and be a strong advocate for the IMM’s business needs.
- Set IMM’s IT related priorities, identify risks and develop plans to achieve the goals and objectives for software and data solutions.
- Communicate (both in writing and verbally) with IMM team members, managers and directors in other ISO business units, consultants and members of the ISO’s IT department on matters related to software and data systems, tailoring communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Write and maintain various types of business documentation, such as software requirements, project descriptions, support agreements and test plans.
- Plan, coordinate and document software business testing.
- Drive the management of projects within the IMM. Assist with managing timelines and expectations, including coordinating with IMM management on the allocation of resources between day-to-day and project related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or Business Administration
- 6 – 10 years of experience in wholesale electricity market or related experience, such as consulting.
- Software testing – develop test plans, set and enforce timelines, oversee testing and results, facilitate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independent, with minimal direct supervision. Able to set priorities, schedules and work cooperatively with a diverse group of IT and non-IT professionals.
- Experience conducting business analysis and preparing business requirements.
- Clear understanding of relational database modeling (Oracle), Data Marts and Data Warehouse concepts and of analytical tools, SAS experience a plus.
- Understanding of data mining concepts and methodologies as well as principles of statistical data analysis is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience working with and explaining complicated issues and analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, meet deadlines, finish projects through to completion and work effectively with others.
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.