Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Analyst
What is it like to work at OUC?
As one of the top employers in Central Florida, OUC offers organizational/industrial stability, career growth, a strong culture of family & work-life balance, employee focused benefits and wellness program, and a hybrid retirement program. Over the last century, as Orlando evolved from a small town into a vibrant city, OUC–The Reliable One has been a community backbone, serving residential and commercial customers with dependable, low-cost electric and water services.
- OUC is an integral part of the Central Florida community serving the city of Orlando and other areas of Orange County with electric and water services along with sustainable alternatives.
- OUC recognizes and rewards employees for their work in the local community.
- OUC fosters an environment of Innovation and forward thinking
- OUC’s vision is to be recognized as the best utility in the nation
- OUC is focused on providing employees a safe and collaborative work environment where personal, family, and professional goals align
What you will achieve:
OUC – The Reliable One is hiring a Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Analyst Lead the design, development, and execution of innovative business, market, and competitive intelligence and research solutions to support the strategic planning function and overall organization. The Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Analyst will analyze key industry trends and developments, research and model relevant data to support data driven decisions in support and development of new products and services.
How the Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Analyst will accomplish:
- Collect, analyze and interpret complex data; evaluate results and provide oral and written assessments of market activities that provide unique insight unavailable from other intelligence disciplines;
- Identify research topics and propose efforts that will support our products and services function;
- Provide comprehensive reports and analysis on market trends and players for use by strategy and other teams, developing recommendations on strategy tactics;
- Identify areas for research to further OUC’s understanding and development of opportunities in the market;
Qualifications of the Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, or related field of study from an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Public Policy or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in business intelligence, data analytics, statistical analysis, modeling and/or application support AND
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in leadership of staff and projects
- Regulatory experience preferred, including contributing to regulatory filings
- Working knowledge of all, but not limited to, the following:
- Various technical software related dashboards (i.e., MS Access, Statistical Analysis, Database management, SQL, VBA, Python, etc.);
- Multidimensional analysis of business data (i.e., Online Analytical Processing [OLAP] using star or snowflake schema);
- Project and program management;
- Probability and statistical analysis;