Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - St Paul
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
A self-directed position that contributes to departmental and business unit goals by analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting business processes and information systems. Provide oversight, guidance, leadership and mentoring in the implementation of quality methodologies to effectively improve business results. Support business activities by building relationships, determining business needs, analyzing process improvements opportunities, defining business requirements and implementing innovative solutions that positively impact business results. This position will report into the Gas Governance organization with a focus on compliance, quality assurance/quality control, and contractor quality inspection program. This position can be filled in either Denver, CO or St. Paul, MN.
- Working in an autonomous environment, contribute to departmental and business unit strategic and operational goals by working with management, customers, vendors, and other stakeholders to analyze, design, implement and support business processes and information systems. Includes facilitating discussions to identify, document, validate, and analyze business requirements, designing innovative solutions, and making recommendations that support departmental goals.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with customers and other project stakeholders to understand and meet/exceed informational needs and expectations. On-going primary point of contact between Xcel Energy, its operating groups, and their customers to support specialized marketing and sales services. Interact with management, customers, vendors and other stakeholders through verbal or written communication. Prepare and present PowerPoint presentations to management, customers, and other stakeholders in a wide variety of settings including meetings, customer workshops, training sessions, and information forums. Serve as a technical resource.
- Provide guidance, leadership and mentoring in the implementation of quality methodologies by transferring skill and capability to the organization for planning, continuous improvement, problem-solving and employee engagement. Develop and coach teams to ensure achievement of their objectives through identification and elimination of root causes and development of timely and effective solutions. Assure maintenance of performance gains through the introduction of process control systems and daily management techniques.
- Lead projects which develop and enhance information systems. Prepare business and financial justification for projects. Interface with the Program Management Office to carry projects through the PMO Views workflow. Direct and manage IBM and other contractors in the prioritization process of systems projects. Responsible for assuring that projects are successfully implemented, and that appropriate user acceptance testing is performed.
- Serve as systems administrator for applicable systems such as GMS and Pronto III, providing internal and external customers with primary point of contact for training, technical support and problem resolution. Manage access and security authorizations for business application users. Serve as a technical resource. Analyze data and develop reports to support the informational needs of the business unit
- Develop reports and procedures to support corporate compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements, including Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Public Utility Commission (PUC), Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (OGCC), and the Department of Energy (DOE). Work with management to support accounting and internal financial reporting including monthly close, report generation, and developing comprehensive spreadsheets and reports to respond to federal and state regulatory inquiries. Assist with developing and monitoring SOx and corporate compliance controls.
- Design, test, implement and support the Gas Transportation website. Build relationships with management, customers, vendors, and other stakeholders to determine business requirements that will drive Web site planning.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, business or related area or equivalent experience indicating skills in applying technology to business processes.
- Five to seven years gas industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge and skill in the use of various technologies and applications including spreadsheets, databases, Internet, and communication software.
- In-depth understanding of gas industry regulations, tariffs, and laws.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Operations || 66680:Gas Governance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19432
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org