Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Senior level position within cash management area responsible for daily decision-making related to all aspects of liquidity management.
- Coordinate daily short-term borrowing activities with commercial paper dealers and/or bank credit facilities for all Xcel Energy entities. Determine quality of service provided by dealers and make decisions regarding adding/deleting dealers to/from Xcel's family of commercial paper programs. Factor current market conditions into daily borrowing decisions from discussions with dealers and keep upper management informed of any unusual circumstances or anticipated changes in the market - i.e. Federal Reserve interest rate cuts/hikes, impact of potential rating agency upgrades or downgrades rates, utility industry trends that positively or negatively impact liquidity, general economic conditions that impact the liquidity market.
- Work with Corporate Finance to ensure authorized borrowing levels are approved and continually monitored for Xcel entities participating in the inter-company loan program. Determine inter-company borrowing needs and process loans on a daily basis. Coordinate month-end reporting of inter-company borrowing activities.
- Work effectively with Corporate Finance on timing and amounts of security issuances, the proceeds of which will be used to refund more expensive debt offerings and/or reduce outstanding commercial paper.
- Coordinate reporting of quarter and year-end commercial paper activity to rating agencies. Coordinate with and provide responses to Investor Relations for other miscellaneous credit agency data requests related to short-term liquidity, commercial paper back-up support and bank credit facility borrowings.
- Ensure accuracy of Daily Cash Position Report which indicates (1) outstanding commercial paper debt (2) bank credit facility borrowings (3) inter-company payables/receivable balances (4) external short-term investment balances and (5) inter-company guarantees for each Xcel entity as of the end of each business day.
- Ensure mechanisms and processes are available for short-term investment of excess cash including web-based ability to invest, redeem and report.
- Complete cash management special projects as assigned.
- Learn and understand functionality to ensure maximum utilization of XRT treasury workstation.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 5 years experience in cash management or related field with emphasis on cash management, working capital management, forecasting, financial analysis with a general knowledge of short-term investments, debt instruments, and banking terminology
- Demonstrated planning, analytical and problem solving
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to respond to changing demands from multiple sources
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 70220:Cash Management || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 8250
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org