BRIDGE Energy Group is the leading consulting and systems integration solutions company focused on transforming utility operational performance. BRIDGE combines business, OT and IT domain expertise to deliver and optimize innovative grid operations solutions. BRIDGE solutions and expert services enable engagement at any stage in the lifecycle, from strategy & regulatory to implementation & operation. Founded in 2004, BRIDGE is headquartered in Marlborough, MA. For more information on BRIDGE, please contact 888-351-8999 or visit www.BridgeEnergyGroup.com.
Job Title: Sr. Consultant, Project Manager FLASA Status: Exempt
Reports To: VP of Consulting Services Type: Full Time
Department: Consulting Services
Location: Client Site/Home Office/BRIDGE HQ
The Senior Consultant reports through the BRIDGE Delivery organization and is focused on successfully delivering utility projects on time, on budget and with a high level of client satisfaction. This individual will be responsible for the full life cycle of the project. The Senior Consultant will bring SME-level ADMS or DMS utility experience and Project Management expertise to support sales, marketing, partnership development, solutions and services definition.
This role serves as a key role in new business development, supporting the sales process by providing project delivery experience and utility domain expertise to lend credibility to the sales cycle in the preparation of proposals, statements of work and solutions underwriting.
Once the project is underway, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for managing, tracking and maintaining project controls to ensure the successful delivery of the project(s) within the constraints of scope, schedule, and budget, utilizing BRIDGE’s project implementation methodology.
The ideal candidate excels at leading project teams to deliver best-of-breed solutions to BRIDGE clients. The individual will have solid Project/Program/Product Management and Technical Leadership skills and experience managing engagements across multiple sections of the Energy and Utility Industry. In addition to planning, execution, control and monitoring of a project, this individual will have leadership competencies for team building, client relations, negotiation, decision making, problem-solving and conflict management. Qualified candidate will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage the delivery of the services against agreed schedule, quality, scope, budget and defined deliverables
- Manage the budget and schedule performance, forecasting and reporting
- For assigned projects, develop and manage program governance model, external and internal stakeholder expectations, and procedures for performance management and program change, issues and risk management
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status reporting, executive-level dashboards, project updates, ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management/resolution and communication at project and executive levels
- Develop and manage detailed and project schedule
- Lead structured risk and issues management by planning, tracking, controlling and escalation/reporting; analyzing issues and risks in terms of impact to schedule and budget and identify and execute upon mitigation plans
- Manage escalation of risks and issues; hold program sponsor(s) and individual team members accountable to effectively managing issues based on priority and impact
- Ensure all deliverables and activities required to meet the project scope and objectives are identified and documented and comply with the statement of work
- Perform quality control of project deliverables and services
- Provide direction to all related project management staff including educating team members on project/program scope of work, objectives, deliverables, processes and standards
- Contribute to the development of BRIDGE best practices and delivery methodology by working with the Solutions Delivery organization to institutionalize best practices, work product templates and delivery processes for future reuse
- Support new business development (i.e., pre-sales calls, project scope definition, RFP responses, statement of work development, resource planning, budget estimating (top-down and bottom-up) and solution underwriting
- Support BRIDGE marketing and brand development by presenting at conferences, crating industry articles and whitepapers
- Develop trusted client relationships through a focus on exceeding client expectations, demonstrating credibility through applied subject matter expertise, and being responsive to client needs; be the client advocate to assure technology implementation creates value to the business
Skills, Experience & Education Requirements:
- 7+ years of project/program management experience in a rapid-paced consulting and services organization managing complex systems integration projects; Big 4 experience preferred
- 10+ years in consulting/services delivery roles
- Knowledge and experience with project management practices and techniques at the level of PMI Certification. Candidates with PMP certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with electric utilities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage project delivery in a large, multi-team environment for programs between $500,000 to $25,000,000
- Working knowledge of project management tools (i.e. Microsoft Project), methodologies and practices to effectively deliver within cost, schedule and quality baselines
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of how to build and leverage strong business relationships
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Deep familiarity with an end-to-end technology implementation methodology
- Must have a passion for customer satisfaction and have the ability to manage customer’s needs and expectations
- Excellent organizational, time management and customer relation/communication skills
- Overnight travel to client site when required and depending on the engagement may require up to 50% travel.
- BS or BA required, MBA preferred
Domain Expertise Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience consulting or working for Transmission and/or Distribution Utilities
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, management and deployment of technology projects related to new application deployment and integration of Utility systems in various utility/energy focused initiative such as OMS/SCADA, NERC CIP/Cyber Security, Smart Grid, Software/IT, MDMS/AMI/AMR, Outage Management, Demand Response (DRMS) and Energy Efficiency programs.
- Previous experience with Business Process Transformation and Organization Change Management
Location: Marlborough, MA preferred but not required
BRIDGE Energy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: Nothing in this Job Description restricts BRIDGE’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will which means that either the employee or BRIDGE may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.