Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories is looking to add to our Facilities team in our Spokane Valley office with this open Custodian position. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply previous experience to complete complex facilities services and repairs including custodial, furniture set-ups, personnel moves, event set-ups, engravings, and grounds work.
- Perform skilled repairs, equipment installations, painting, and carpentry work and interface with specified contractors and vendors to ensure work is completed to SEL standards.
- Coach and train employees in routine and technical duties, techniques, while working collaboratively to achieve department goals.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; plan and perform routine maintenance.
- Follow and continuously improve workplace safety, environmental practices, area processes, and waste reduction opportunities.
- Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to independently operate custodial related equipment and use applicable chemicals, supplies, hand, and power tools.
- Knowledge and ability to perform complex repairs including carpentry, painting, and equipment installation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently complete projects and tasks in cross functional teams.
- Read, understand, follow, and strictly enforce safety procedures.
- Work various shifts, hours, and days depending on workload.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
6 years of experience in commercial facility maintenance and operations.
Experience with building mechanics, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting.
WSDA Private Commercial Applicator pesticide license as applicable.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Lift and maneuver 40 pounds frequently
Pull weight from high/low shelves
Ability to safely ascend and descend ladders
Stand for at least 8 hours
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.