Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy is hiring for a Sr. Cyber Defense Center Manager within our Enterprise Security Services team. We are looking for a seasoned leader of cyber security defenders! This candidate will be responsible for the 24/7 Cyber Defense Center (CDC), which includes: ensuring appropriate levels of qualified and trained cyber security analysts to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from cyber borne threats and adversaries; collaborate with key business partners, internal technology teams and external vendors to build process and leverage technology to enable detection of future threats; remain knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory, legal, and security standards that may impact information security. This position will be filled in our Denver headquarters.
- Manage the work direction and resource needs for Security Operations and Monitoring. Determine, manage and track budget and staffing needs for these divisions. Define team goals and manage performance to meet those goals.
- Define, publish and maintain a strategic plan for assigned business areas. Manage activities relative to the day-to-day operations of security; determine business and technical requirements for incident response. Serve as key respondent and facilitator for internal and external security events and incidents.
- Develop risk management plans and security operations strategies and solutions. Orchestrate exercises aimed at process validation within Cyber Operations and Monitoring. Identify the needs for cross-functional teams to assure that the solutions and plans meet changing business needs, customer and competitive requirements. Ensure consulting expertise is available within the team to all stakeholders to guarantee plans are integrated into overall business area strategic and operational plans.
- Manage cyber security and monitoring support to business and technical teams in the design of standardized products and customized solutions.
- Stay abreast of industry and technology trends and best practices to advise leadership and direct teams on when to innovate and when to use traditional approaches. Maintain awareness of current and potential threats and risks for security related information protection.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with 3rd Party service providers. Work with business unit executives and service providers to introduce required Cyber Security functionalities into the environment.
Certifications required: CISSP, CISM or equivalents
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with a concentration in computer science, technology, accounting or business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10 years experience in I/T including 7 years direct experience in cyber operations.
- At least 5 years direct experience in Cyber Security Operations Center and or incident response teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and present complex technical information to a broad audience and make recommendations with justification to leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven investigative and problem solving, critical thinking, root-cause analysis, and business risk analysis skills.
- Proven experience to both lead and partner in a team environment.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Must possess a broad knowledge relating to I/T infrastructure and have in-depth and up-to-date experience with today’s enterprise level platforms.
Certifications desired: GSEC, ECSA, ISSM, ECSA, CPT, CEH
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56130:Cyber Security || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16725
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com