Leidos is currently looking for a Senior Cyber Security System Engineer in Fort Belvoir, VA. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract.
The Senior Cyber Security System Engineer shall investigate and analyze all response activities related to cyber security incidents within the network environment or enclave in coordination with INSCOM G6 Cyber Security Division under a tiered response structure; serve as action officer coordinating cyber security sanitization and reporting; perform incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact and track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
In addition, perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements. Provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management. Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements. Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures. Perform certification and accreditations by reviewing documentation and providing recommendations.
• Perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
• Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs
• Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
• Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments
• Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions
• Support the building of security architectures
• Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
• Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
• Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
• Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
• Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems• Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off- the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
HSD or GED with 10 Years of relevant experience
OR Associate's Degree with 8 Years of relevant experience
OR Bachelor's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience
OR Master's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience
Clearance: Active TS/SCI required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire:
This position requires DoD Directive 85570.01M IASAE Level II - Must have one of the following: CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), CSSLP
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field