Performs system maintenance and administration of the Distributed Control System (DCS), Turbine Control System (TCS) including the hardware and software of the major control systems and other systems supervises when required.
* Performs control system maintenance, repair, administration, and monitoring.
* Assists SECI and contract personnel in technical support issues.
* Perform routine backups of all major control system software and databases and assist in the data recovery and restoration of control system equipment after a catastrophic failure.
* Supports engineering approved Design Change Requests.
* Develops control logic and supports modification of control algorithms within the control systems.
* Develops HMI graphics and templates within control systems.
* Analyzes current system software, proposed modifications and new software fo r impact on installation.
* Executes operating system and control system patch management to ensure all software is at the most current revision.
* Develops, implements, and maintains a method of documenting control system software and back-ups.
* Implements new system software and modifications.
* Maintains network infrastructure and provides network administration services when integrating new control network connections.
* Initiates Incident Reports of security breaches.
* Ensures NERC/CIP access control security is maintained in the control systems.
* Performs data retrieval, reporting, and formatting.
* Performs system analysis on current operating control system software, anti-virus software, control system hardware and processes.
* Database management for the PI System.
* Maintains and configures web server software, hardware, updates and compiles w eb server pages.
* Assists with installation and configuration of field instrumentation for connection with the control systems.
* Maintains a master record of revision level for control system logic sheets.
* Maintains the boiler and turbine high fidelity simulator.
* Finds and develops solutions to control system software or hardware malfunctions.
* Develops and recommends control system access to key control system equipment.
* Help with resolving problems requiring design and system information with architects/engineers and crafts.
* Takes a proactive and leadership approach regarding personal safety, safety of others and comply with all OSHA and SECI safety rules. Must complete all necessary online or classroom safety courses as directed. Must participate in safety briefings and meetings.
* Take a proactive and leadership approach regarding environmental rules and regulations governing the operation of the plant. Must complete all necessary online or classroom environmental courses as directed. Required to immediately report any, and all, environmental reportable incidents
* Other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma or the equivalent required. Associate’s degree or a technical certificate in a Computer Science/Information Technology field is preferred. Equivalent work experience or a demonstrated ability to perform the job may be substituted in place of a degree. Cisco Certified Network Associate and/or Cisco Certified Entry Technician Certification is desired, but not required. Must have at least five (5) years of working knowledge of the electrical and processing controls of a power plant and understand how the controls integrate into logic control systems. Additionally, a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience maintaining and administering distributed control system software, computer and control system hardware, and computer operating systems. Knowledge of Java, C, C++, or FORTRAN and HTML and CSS is desired. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Physical Traits/Working Conditions
Must be able to work and access all locations of the plant and grounds. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolds. Some travel and work outside of normal business hours. While working in certain areas of the plant, there is the potential for exposure to hazards typical of an industrial working environment, including extreme temperatures and conditions. Must be able to follow established protective measures including, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE). Must be able to work extended hours and be available for call outs as required.