Requisition ID: 30801
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
Smile! You’ve found us! At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset and our IT team is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Digital Enablement Group. In this role you will be accountable for supporting infrastructure, software, and operations that ensures availability, recoverability, performance, systems & data integrity and supportability for both commercial software applications and microservice application infrastructures, both on premise and in the cloud. You will participate in triage and troubleshooting for problems, employing strong monitoring/operation proactive solutions, and serves as a technical resource for integration technologies and project delivery. You will use your knowledge, experience and familiarity with automation infrastructure to implement and support enterprise level integrations.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Understanding of High Availability, other technologies, and principles that support business continuity
- Lead and/or participates in project pipeline builds, automation, CI/CD and functional/performance testing.
- Develop, implement, execute, and measure application, operations, and infrastructure processes, policies, methodologies, templates, standards, and procedures to meet goals for quality, time-to-market, and ROI/TCO.
- Lead junior team members and contributes with implementation and deployment efforts on projects.
- Participate with automation/configuration management and functional/performance testing.
- Perform after-hours or weekend system maintenance and application support as needed.
- Assist with evaluations to recommend appropriate solutions for integration related initiatives.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years’ experience with Jenkins, APIGee and API gateway
- Strong technical, hands-on, experience to support application development, infrastructure/OS, and operations that leverage such technologies as Java, .NET, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Splunk and Dynatrace.
- Experience with enterprise data center technologies including Operating Systems, Storage Platforms, Network Switching, and Security Infrastructure
- 3+ years’ experience with Java, JMS, Web Services, REST and JSON, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, and Github.
- Strong familiarity with microservice architectures and best practices for running in a container orchestration environment
- Strong technical experience with open source technologies and infrastructure environments that include: Linux and Oracle/MSSQL/DB2 databases
- Solid experience with monitoring and analysis tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Elasticsearch
- Good scripting experience in one or more of; WLST, ANT, Python, Bash, Perl
- Solid experience with cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS, Google, Oracle Cloud, or MS Azure
- Strong knowledge and experience with JVM monitoring and performance evaluation activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and hands-on leadership with onshore and offshore team members
- Strong self-management skills with ability to effectively collaborate with peers and management
- Strong technical experience with open source technologies and infrastructure environments
- Good knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Continuous Integration (CI) Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
- Source Control Management (SCM) Tools: GitHub, BitBucket
- Scripting Languages: WLST, Python, Bash, Perl, Shell, ANT
- Virtualization/Container Tools: VMware, Kubernetes, Docker Registries
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, MS Azure, Google cloud,
- Provisioning/Configuration Management: Ansible
- Monitoring Tools: Dynatrace, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Wireshark, (cloud monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Datadog a plus)
- Issue Tracking Tools: Jira
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, AIX
- Web/Application servers: Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss
- SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, Couchbase, Postgres, Redshift
- Big Data technologies including Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, Hive
- Messaging systems: Kafka
Please note, for the right candidate additional work locations available in Miami-Dade or Broward counties. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please apply today!
This position is responsible for managing, monitoring and deploying a highly available, highly scalable production application. The individual will be responsible for one or more environments and/or systems and interface directly with the Development and Operations team on a daily basis for the maintenance, expansion, and documentation of these environments, providing assistance and review of proposed architectures, as needed. This role is responsible for vetting emerging technologies and guides the direction of the teams that support software development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives the automation and continuous improvement of the software delivery process
- Manages the continuous integration services maintenance and configuration, ensuring the build environment is meeting the needs of the software developers
- Leads the maintenance and creation of automatic deployment of software builds to the test and production environments, enabling the operations team to easily and consistently deploy new software products
- Monitors system development and maintenance and ensures that staff at all technical levels are informed of the health of our systems
- Evaluates Operation teams processes and automates repetitive and temporary solutions
- Improves the product environment and practices used by the software developers
- Sets up back-up mechanisms for production environments and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.