Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for the enterprise project portfolio, including project management standards, delivery and investment recovery. Direct governance strategies ensuring that effective measures are taken to identify and manage project, technology, financial, and portfolio delivery risk. Ensure that technology and financial compliance is maintained according to relevant regulatory requirements, corporate governance, and industry standards. Direct the creation and maintenance of the framework, policies, processes, standards, and supporting technology/tools required to enable the efficient and effective delivery of the project portfolio. Accountable for establishing and measuring key performance metrics and analyzing and acting on key trends. Lead and support continuous improvement efforts. Responsible for enterprise PMO budget and vendor management.
- Policy Management and Compliance – Lead the development, design and deployment of effective policies and standards to enable effective and efficient project management across the enterprise. Oversee the creation and continuous improvement of the governance framework. Ensure adherence to pertinent corporate policies and procedures and that training is completed to close gaps. Assess, plan for and mitigate portfolio risk.
- Project Management and Delivery – Responsible for partnering /staffing and directing execution of enterprise projects. Proactively provides transparency to project status and key issues. Serves as primary point of escalation for key project issues, engaging other business leaders as appropriate to ensure visibility and timely resolution. Establishes and manages relationships with key stakeholders. Ensures that contracts related to project work are structured and managed prudently to minimize risk and demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Portfolio Management – Establish framework for prioritizing and managing demand across the entire corporate project portfolio. Analyze, measure and control the performance of the project portfolio. Drives coordination across business areas to ensure that appropriate technical and financial controls are in place and that continuous improvement is occurring. Provide guidance and direction on financial variance management engaging senior leadership as necessary.
- Vendor/Partner Relationship Management – Guide overall expectations and processes for managing key vendor/partner relationships.
- Industry Trends - Maintain current knowledge of functional and industry trends. Initiate benchmarking efforts where appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least ten years of business experience, including experience in technology, financial analysis, project management required.
- Prior experience as a project manager or project lead with direct expertise in the use of project management tools, techniques and communication processes is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in process improvement design and workflow automation.
- Knowledge of financial analysis methods and key accounting concepts.
- Experience developing large contracts and managing to contractual terms.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and rapidly changing business environment, managing team efforts in achieving desired objectives.
- Demonstrated strong ability to communicate with and to influence senior executives and peers.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 55300:Entrprse Transformation Office || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17194
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com