You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
ISO New England’s IT Energy Management Systems team (EMS) is focused, passionate, team-oriented, and results-driven. Their skills and commitment have aided in transforming New England's bulk electricity system into one of the nation's most innovative, forward-looking examples of industry restructuring.
- If hands-on problem solving with practical application describes your career goals
- If you want a close-knit environment focused on innovation and technological leadership, where the best minds are helping shape tomorrow's energy landscape
- If you're looking for an employer that can provide vision with results then ISO New England can provide the rewarding opportunities you seek
This position is responsible for providing functional and technical expertise to Control Room, Operations Training and Integration, Markets Administration, Forecasting, Markets Mitigation and Outage Scheduling projects and assignments. This role requires that the candidate bring both engineering and IT perspective to the solutions and services provided by the EMS department.
- Planning, coordinating, and performing complex technical assignments related to software applications in support of the Operations, Market Administration, Forecasting, Markets Mitigation and Outage Scheduling
- Analyzing, designing, programming, troubleshooting, recommending solutions and implementing fixes associated with Market Systems applications
- 24x7 support for Market System applications as needed
- Assisting in the development of RFPs and evaluation of results
- Coordinating with consultants and vendors on project deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Market Systems Experience within the electric utility industry or Programming experience in Electric Utility Industry
- Working knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with LINUX, Windows XP
- Working knowledge with Java or Microsoft .Net and associated technologies such as J2EE/Web Technologies, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Apache Struts/Microsoft Web frameworks, XML, JMS, TIBCO Business Works, Apache Ant etc.
- For Engineer position, working knowledge of bulk power system operations and energy market operations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a Team Lead
Desirable qualities include:
- Experience with the GE Grid (previously Alstom Grid) Market Systems
- Experience/Knowledge related to Optimization Algorithms
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.