Description Job Requisition:
Senior Energy Program EngineerJob Description:
Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking an experienced and motivated candidate to join our team in Peoria or St. Louis as an Energy Program Engineer. The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience with experience in calculating energy saving estimates, energy auditing, and communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, architects, and project engineers. The position will be responsible for reviewing technical energy efficiency applications for incentives and rebates for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas customers. The position will help provide technical review of gas and electric utility demand-side management (DSM) projects around the state of Illinois. The candidate should have knowledge of the operation of different types of energy using systems within the industrial and/or commercial markets (HVAC, lighting, energy management systems, etc.). In addition, this position will research technology changes to support improvements to the energy efficiency program and develop new energy saving methods for electric and gas customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with minimum of 6 years experience
- Must have prior experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies.
- Experience with Advanced Lighting and Controls, Commercial HVAC, Compressed Air, or Industrial Process technology
- Must be a team player capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks. She/he must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and be capable of managing resources and schedules to meet deadlines. CEM or LEED certification is a plus.
- Technical experience with energy efficiency, energy efficient audits, or combined heat and power technologies.
- Must be able to conduct project tracking and have been in a previous technical role in an energy efficiency or similar technical environment.
- Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) or ASHRAE Efficiency Standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, especially Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to work cooperatively and contentiously on a technical team, along with working with non-technical team members.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Positive, patient and friendly attitude
External Referral Bonus:
- Familiarity with data acquisition, instrumentation or controls
- Experience working with commercial contractors
- Understanding of utility-offered products or services
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with COMcheck, eQuest, Trane TRACE™, or Carrier HAP
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for a process-oriented position.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning, organization, time management, and team-building skills with demonstrated ability to make unanticipated changes to production deliverables required
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours: