Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provides leadership and facilitation for the Enterprise Architecture Process. Leads the planning, facilitation, and assessments required to manage and guide architecture development and roadmaps. Describes the Company's business in terms of its functions, business process and business information.
- Develop business, information and technical architectures that are aligned with IT strategies and principles. Perform gap analysis and develop optimized technology road maps to support strategic initiatives considering the organizational and financial impact of enterprise architecture initiatives.
- Facilitates and creates enterprise architecture standards and frameworks within one or more specific disciplines of Enterprise Architecture. Drive efforts to develop, maintain and measure reference architecture, standards, design patterns and related technical documentation to ensure implementation of the strategic technology plan. Provide technical leadership and architectural direction to IT/OT and Business Unit staff concerning business architecture, technology lifecycle management, technology roadmaps and strategies, and management of the technology footprint.
- Architectural Governance: Coordinate, review and approve projects and work efforts to ensure that they are compliant with architectural standards, policies, and guidelines. Iterative refinement and direction of governance activities ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture.
- Technology Leadership: Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of enterprise architecture technologies through leading, interacting and discussing subject area with industry peers, vendors and consultants. Seen by others as a “go-to” technical resource and advisor offering meaningful technical solutions; can quickly resolve issues that are complex and uncharted; accountable for coaching/mentoring associates on their technical versatility and problem solving skills.
- Communications and Relationship Building: Engage in significant interaction with peers, senior leadership and peer utilities; able to effectively communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences. Develop relationships with individuals inside and outside of IT.
- Trend Analysis / Technology Investment: Anticipate business needs and trends and the direction technology must take in order to properly support the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or technology or related experience including 10+ years of work experience in designing and implementing of business solutions, IT architecture and related functions, with at least 6 years Architecture experience.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse business systems, technologies and processing environments, including project solution architecture experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of enterprise architecture (knowledge of TOGAF is a plus).
- Strong verbal, written, coordination, presentation and communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56230:Enterprise Architecture || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16830
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org