About The Position
Senior Manager, Digital Technology and Operations (DTO) Strategy, Planning, and Operational Excellence (SPOE) will be responsible for the leadership, strategy, and direction of DTO shared services. The DTO organization is responsible for enterprise technology infrastructure and operations for Digital Technology (DT) and Utility Operations Technology (UOT) which includes strategy, design, architecture, engineering, operations, and support of: servers, storage, virtualization, databases, network, middleware, mainframe, telecommunications, data centers, NOC, end user computing, collaboration, and service desk. We are looking for an experienced and passionate leader to lead this new organization and is ready to roll up their sleeves and build this new team from the ground up. The Senior Manager of DTO SPOE will report to the DTO Vice President and be a member of the DTO Senior Leadership team. DTO SPOE shared services will consist of: strategy, planning, governance, compliance, lifecycle management, transformation oversight, operational excellence, service level management, enterprise content management, operational readiness, and continuous improvement. The Senior Manager of DTO SPOE will partner and collaborate with leaders across DTO, DT, UOT, and Ameren business segments to ensure DTO services are properly aligned, continuously improving, optimized, evolving from reactive to proactive, and executing on strategic goals/objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain the strategy, vision, and direction of DTO SPOE
• Create the plan and timeline to build the new DTO SPOE organization
• Lead recruiting efforts to hire new DTO SPOE leaders and team members
• Partner and collaborate with business and DT partners including HR, Finance, PMO, Vendor Mgt, etc.
• Understand business priorities, rationalizes demand and communicate priorities to ensure DTO teams are working on the highest value activities
• Drive and influence operational excellence and continuous improvements across DT, UOT, and DTO
• Lead proactive problem-solving efforts on core DTO services and key projects to improve quality, reduce cost and eliminate waste.
• Develop a DTO service level management framework including governance processes, scorecard development, and QSRs (quarterly service reviews) with business and technology partners.
• Collaborate with leaders across DT, UOT, and DTO to develop and execute the following DTO frameworks: lifecycle management, service level management, continuous improvement program, operational readiness, operational excellence program, demand management, DTO workforce management, cyber standards & alignment, and compliance.
• Develop DTO performance management tools, dashboards, and executive reporting
• Develop and maintain DTO Organization Change Management (OCM) strategy, plans, and communications
• Partner and collaborate with DTO leaders to define DTO-wide engagement improvement action plans
• Develop, maintain, and continuously improve the DTO performance dashboard which will be presented to executive leadership quarterly
• Develop a talent pipeline strategy for DTO which include championing and oversight of DTO interns, Co-Ops, and iCenter projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information System, Business Administration, or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred. Ten or more years of related IT experience required with extensive background in one or more of the following IT disciplines: Operations, Infrastructure, Security, Service Management, Project Management. Five or more years of supervisory and high-level team/project leadership required. ITIL certification preferred. Lean/Continuous Improvement expertise preferred. Experience with ServiceNow and other IT automation technologies required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Strong management and effective leadership experience required. Must have a proven track record of delivering complex IT services in a diverse environment. Superior written and verbal communication skills required. Ability to lead and influence broad, multi-site, cross-functional teams required. Must have proven effective management and leadership skills in a flexible, creative and team-oriented performance driven environment. Must be able to facilitate relations between business groups and technology departments. Strong facilitation skills as well as the ability to work with team members, providing assistance and guidance as needed is required. Product and vendor evaluation experience coupled with a deep understanding of total cost of ownership impacts is required.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.