Local Unit & Position Description
Are you excited to lead a team of electrical engineers in technical review of renewable energy projects and solar design? Are you passionate about growing a business? Are you an electrical engineer with least eight years of experience in solar design or development of renewable energy projects?
The Senior Manager for the Electrical Engineering team is a Customer-facing engineer responsible for leading and growing DNV GL’s Electrical Engineering (EE) practice serving the renewables industry.
Tasks May Include
- Develop and enhance company expertise in onshore and offshore wind power and solar electrical engineering and power systems analysis
- Conceptual and detailed design of wind and solar plant electrical systems
- Design review of electrical plans, specifications, calculations, and studies
- Independent review of testing, commissioning and construction QA/QC documentation
- Preparation and review of complex electrical studies including load flow, reactive power capability, harmonics, short circuit, grounding, relay coordination, arc flash
- Act as Project Sponsor on team’s projects, coordinating and supervising work by junior personnel, other company divisions, and subcontractors
- Anticipating project issues and leading customers and a team in developing appropriate resolutions
- Occasionally conducting the team’s more complex site visits, inspections and construction monitoring
- Process, procedure, and job aid development relating to electrical review of wind and solar project documentation
- Interface with electrical team leads to rapidly evaluate and grow service lines
- Interfacing with clients, their counterparties and legal counsel to discuss project/product risk and mitigation
- Responsible for business development activities, identifying opportunities in the local market maintaining the required network of contacts (specifically including detailed solar design), and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs
- Self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise;
- Solid knowledge of solar development; onshore wind; energy storage procurement processes, and overall development life cycles (including interrelationships between various development activities)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on Power Systems required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 8 years of experience in renewables, power generation, power system design, or a related field required
- Candidates must have working experience with wind and/or solar power generation systems. Key experience may include but is not limited to:
- Generation, transmission, substation, and distribution system engineering, construction and operations
- Power system simulation and analysis
- Electrical construction contracts, and project finance
- Management of projects and staff in a technical consultancy or similar environment
- Utility-scale generation and interconnection; including process, requirements and implementation
- Regulatory and reliability framework applicable to renewable energy development, interconnection and operations (FERC, NERC, other)
- Power purchase contracts, electric power system regulatory compliance, and market structures
- Testing practices for electrical power equipment
- Electrical and construction safety including training and requirements
- Working knowledge of related regulations, codes and standards
- Experience with energy storage systems design, development, and engineering is preferred but not required
- Professional Engineering (PE or P.Eng.) licensure preferred
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time, domestic and international
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!