RTI International has a call for resumes for a Senior Marketing Specialist for our client, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC). This is a proposal position and candidates must be able to work full time in Abu Dhabi.
The Demand Side Management (DSM) program targets all major customer segments and will implement education programs for the residential, commercial, government, and institutional sectors on both water and electricity; incentive programs for both electricity-using and water-using technologies; and consultation for industrial facilities on the efficient use of electricity and water.
The Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for planning and developing marketing strategies, outreach activities, and supporting materials that educate customers and drive their participation in ADDC’s energy/water efficiency programs. Additional responsibilities include analyzing residential, commercial, government, institutional, and industrial customer initiatives to assess customer satisfaction and determine drivers of customer adoption of DSM measures. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable in marketing concepts, has a working understanding of the social and cultural structure of Abu Dhabi, and demonstrates a high degree of creativity.
- Develop and manage an annual market research plan to include activities such as customer surveys, focus groups, and data analytics to refine and improve the DSM program marketing efforts
- Establish regular customer communications through multiple channels (e.g., bill inserts, advertising, articles, and website) in accordance with the Code of Practice for Efficient Consumption
- Develop targeted educational programs for all ages and customer sectors highlighting the direct and indirect benefits associated with implementing the DSM initiatives.
- Propose and manage segmentation studies of relevant customer groups and support the development of tailored messaging for the different industrial, commercial, and residential customer segments
- Develop and maintain metrics tracking customer satisfaction, customer awareness, and impact/effectiveness of the DSM marketing/outreach efforts.
- Coordinate with the ADDC Media Department regarding messages sent to the customer base to assure consistency between general messaging and DSM.
- Interface with key internal ADDC departments to meet program needs.
- Manage survey and advertising contractors and interact with marketing and communications counterparts at stakeholder entities.
- Maintain occasional contact with ADDC customers through interviews, surveys, and other instruments to assess customer satisfaction and opinion.
- Develop and implement a plan to grow and maintain strong relationships with customers and provide them with knowledge of the benefits of the DSM program/initiatives.
- Ensure that customer communications relating to DSM uphold the overall ADDC mission and vision and establish it as a “trusted advisor” to its customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related fields, with advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a marketing-related field.
- Existing local networks and high ability to engage and develop partnerships and collaborations.
- Positive attitude for high levels of collaboration and interpersonal relationships in a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of the Utility industry is highly desirable and the ability to comprehend the concepts behind DSM is a must.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic and English required.
- Expert understanding of methodologies for reaching customers with messaging through advertising, website, social media, e-mail, and written communications.
- Advanced understanding of market segmentation techniques to enhance the effectiveness of marketing communications to customers.
- Advanced verbal and written communication and presentation skills, particularly in complex, multi-stakeholder situations
- Advanced ability to effectively manage and deliver tactical operations supporting the company’s strategic direction, with a detail orientation.
- Advanced computer proficiency (MS Office Suite).