SENIOR PLANNING ENGINEER
OPERATIONS PLANNING STUDIES COORDINATOR
Position Location: Tampa, FL
Travel Required: Yes, approximately 15%
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Planning
Direct Reports: None
The FRCC Senior Planning Engineer - Operations Planning Studies Coordinator, supports the FRCC operations planning studies processes, which includes the Operations Planning Coordinator (OPC) function and the Seasonal Study Process. This position supports the Operations Planning Working Group (OPWG) activities that focus on Bulk Electric System (BES) reliability and developing processes and documentation that support Regional reliability and adherence to NERC Reliability Standards as they relate to the OPC function.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completes an 8-Day Study twice per week.
- Completes a 28-Day Study once per week or as determined by the OPWG.
- Coordinates and leads weekly OPC coordination conference calls and leads OPC reliability issue resolution conference calls as needed.
- Maintains current and future computer models for use in the FRCC OPC planning process.
- Maintains and supports the OPC modeling software and supporting inputs.
- Identifies improvement opportunities to align planning, operations planning, and next-day planning models and implement changes to address improvement opportunities.
- Serves as a liaison between the Operations and Planning departments to ensure effective coordination is performed, and reliable operations are maintained.
- Performs seasonal transmission assessments on bi-annual bases, and operations seasonal studies on quarterly basis, with studies accompanied by a formal report.
- Provides technical guidance and training to less experienced planning staff and member personnel.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with a Master’s degree in Engineering and/or
- Business with Professional Engineer certification preferred.
- Four (4) or more years’ experience in the electric industry sector with two (2) or more years’ experience in transmission planning.
- Proficient in powerflow transmission planning modeling applications.
- Skilled in Python/VBA programming.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate with FRCC members to reach consensus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail for timely and accurate completion.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build consensus and support teams in a professional manner.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit, including for long periods of travel time; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, type, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Travel is limited for this position to approximately 15% of time.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please forward cover letter and resume to the following (no calls please):
3000 Bayport Drive, suite 600
Tampa FL 33607
** FRCC is an EEO/AA Employer
** Drug Screening and complete background check will be completed prior to employment