Central Electric Power Cooperative is seeking a Senior Resource Planner.
The primary responsibilities include providing a variety of planning, power supply, and economic analyses, studies, and reports related to projecting future costs, revenues, rates, and power supply alternatives for Central and its Member Cooperatives in order to facilitate the overall planning function. Annually prepares Wholesale Power Cost projections and Central rates to Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for the coordination and preparation of various power supply studies for Central and distribution cooperatives. This includes preparing written analyses, presenting results and findings, and making recommendations to senior management and Central Members.
- Responsible for preparation of Ten-Year Wholesale Power Cost Projections for Member Coops using Central Finance Model and Corporate Planning Models.
- Responsible for the projection of Electric Sales Revenue and Member Rates using Central Financial Model and Corporate Planning Models.
- Develops long-term planning scenarios and recommends alternatives in collaboration with senior management and Member Cooperatives. This includes rewriting, revising, maintaining, and using Corporate Model and other planning tools as necessary to define and analyze various scenarios.
- Develops and recommends long-range plans for power supply alternatives. Analyzes various demand side and generation power supply alternatives as well as impacts on the Central system of various renewable energies.
- Determines the impact of power purchase and sales contracts on Central and all of its members using Production Costing and Corporate Models, and promotes understanding of key relationships between purchases, sales and member costs.
- Advises and provides expertise to Power Supply forecast function as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge in power supply and contract negotiations as well as technical report writing and forecasting techniques are required.
- Electric System Production PCI Cost Model Training and Financial or Business Training are essential.
- Strong analytical thinking, mathematical, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Reports, Studies, Economic Analyses and forecasts all require accuracy and detail.
- Strong internal drive for excellence and service orientation are needed.
Education and Work Experience:
Position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Economics or Engineering. A Master’s degree is preferred.
5 years prior experience recommended in electric utility engineering and planning with increasing responsibility in the areas of demand and supply resource planning, production costing, economic analysis, and wholesale and retail rate design.
Central Electric Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.