Job Summary and Essential Functions
The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) works to make the power grid smarter by developing and deploying innovative information technology solutions to meet New York’s dynamic energy needs. The NYISO’s Information Technology department invites applications for a full-time Senior Software Developer.
The Senior Software Developer will design, develop and maintain software products. This position will also be responsible for participation in all phases of the product development lifecycle including analysis, design, test and integration of products; understand business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions; resolve customer complaints with products and respond with suggestions for improvement and enhancement; may assist in the development of product user manuals; this position does have a rotation based on-call production support requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and improve our infrastructure, deployment, and monitoring efforts
- Continuously monitor and improve the stability, performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of the NYISO environment
- Assist with evaluation of new technology and tools. Incorporate approved technology and tools to enhance the product development process
- Manage applications that support the energy management systems and energy market systems for the NYISO, utilizing tools such as AWS, Kubernetes, JBoss, Docker, Jenkins, and SonarQube
- Mentor and coach Associate Developers and Developers
- Lead projects with assistance from Supervisor
- Provide post-production application support as required. Support responsibilities may include consultation, problem identification, data analysis and/or emergency repairs. Resolve customer complaints with products and respond to suggestions for improvement and enhancements
- Requirements for support of mission-critical systems could entail 24x7x365 coverage
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of Java development and object-oriented design
- Passionate about developing software and how well it operates in production
- Positive, flexible, and team oriented
Preferred Hands on Experience:
- JBoss 6 or 7
- Spring Boot
- Deploying to Containers
- Java / J2EE (Eclipse IDE or IntelliJ)
- MyBatis / SQL
- JUnit / TestNG
The NYISO takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and innovative reward programs.
The NYISO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.