You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
The Senior Windows Architect maintains and extends server infrastructure. The Administrator collaborates with stakeholders, end users, and senior leadership to further the strategic goals of the company in general, applying their skills to create technological solutions that enhance or complete the ISO-NE corporate strategy. The Administrator strives to maintain a secure and compliant computing environment, while participating in evaluating existing systems and processes to identify improvements and updates that keep them running in optimal conditions.
Supported environments include Active Directory, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, as well as a sizable number of both physical and virtual servers. Participate in an on-call rotation, which entails responding to after-hour trouble calls from IT Operations Technicians and Security Operations Technicians, with the potential of reporting to work, if necessary.
- Support Windows Operating System configuration and management
- Spearhead efforts around automation and configuration management of Windows data center fleet
- Design and implement efficiency and consolidation improvements across multiple Active Directory Forests and Domains
- Design and implement security enhancements to computing environments, including lateral movement protections, tiered logins and CIS standards
- Assist in the maintenance of defined patch levels for all applications, as well as provide timely compliance status reports
- Conduct analysis and recommend solutions for complex and emerging issues
- Operate and maintain an enterprise anti-virus and malware system
- Coordinate downtime and outages to applicable systems with application and business areas
- Be the technical lead for PMO projects and departmental initiatives
- Promote adherence to IT policies and procedures
- Oversee, test and document failover functionality of High Availability technologies such as Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn Groups, RSA Authentication Manager, DFS and KEMP Load Balancers
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Knowledge of one or more of the following - Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013
- Knowledge of Active Directory 2012/2016 in an Enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
- Proven track record of planning, coordinating and executing IT initiatives
- Excellent technical skills as well as strong team orientation and communication
- Knowledge of and experience with automated configuration management or system hardening
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.