You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
The Senior System Administrator maintains and extends server infrastructure. The Administrator collaborates with stakeholders, end users, and senior leadership to further the strategic goals of the company in general, applying their skills to create technological solutions that enhance or complete the ISO-NE corporate strategy. The Administrator strives to maintain a secure and compliant computing environment. The Administrator participates in evaluating existing systems and rocesses to identify improvements and updates that keep them running in optimal conditions.
Supported environments include Active Directory, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, as well as a sizable number of both physical and virtual servers. Participate in an on-call rotation, which entails responding to after-hour trouble calls from IT Operations Technicians and Security Operations Technicians, with the potential of reporting to work, if necessary.
- Support Windows Operating System configuration and management
- Monitor, evaluate and enhance Server Infrastructure for optimal performance, security and availability
- Perform builds, upgrades, repairs and lifecycle management of physical and virtual servers and appliances, utilizing peer resources and established work instructions
- Actively participate in documentation including diagrams of Internal Infrastructure, utilizing full functionality of Atlassian’s Confluence product
- Spearhead efforts around automation and configuration management of windows data center fleet
- Design and implement efficiency and consolidation improvements across multiple Active Directory Forests and Domains
- Design and implement security enhancements to computing environments, including lateral movement protections, tiered logins and CIS standards
- Assist in the maintenance of defined patch levels for all applications, as well as provide timely compliance status reports
- Conduct analysis and recommend solutions for complex and emerging issues
- Operate and maintain an enterprise anti-virus and malware system
- Coordinate downtime and outages to applicable systems with application and business areas
- Be the technical lead for PMO projects and departmental initiatives
- Promote adherence to IT policies and procedures
- Oversee, test and document failover functionality of High Availability technologies such as Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn Groups, RSA Authentication Manager, DFS and KEMP Load Balancers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) or more years of IT work experience of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2
- Knowledge of one or more of the following - Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013
- Windows, Active Directory and Exchange PowerShell Scripting
- Knowledge of Active Directory 2012/2016 in an Enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
- History of planning, coordinating and executing IT initiatives
- Excellent technical skills as well as strong team orientation and communication
- Understanding of High Availability technologies for Exchange and SQL server, including DAGs, CAS Arrays and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Knowledge of automated configuration management and systems hardening
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.