You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
This position is responsible for the support of the system administration on various MS Windows environments. Supported environments include Active Directory, SQL Server, Exchange, and SharePoint, as well as a sizable number of both physical and virtual application servers. Participate in an on-call rotation, which entails responding to after-hour trouble calls from IT Operations Technicians and Security Operations Technicians, with the potential of reporting to work, if necessary.
Leadership activities in support of the ISO-NE IT Server Infrastructure and related environments:
- Suggest and execute research and development projects to augment team processes and abilities
- Be the technical lead for PMO projects and departmental initiatives
- Promote adherence to IT policies and procedures
Technical activities in support of the ISO-NE IT Server Infrastructure and related environments:
- Monitor, evaluate and enhance Windows Server Infrastructure for optimal performance, security and availability
- Oversee, test and document failover functionality of High Availability technologies such as Microsoft
Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, RSA Authentication Manager, DFS and KEMP Load Balancers:
- Perform builds, upgrades, repairs and retirements of physical and virtual servers and appliances
- Actively participate in documentation including diagrams of the Windows Support Infrastructure, utilizing full functionality of Atlassian’s Confluence product
- Ensure all IAD, compliance and security requirements are implemented, documented and verified on systems the Windows Support team is responsible for
- Where applicable, provide detailed project plans, with milestones and associated deliverables
- Monitor systems and applications for end of life, and report on those accordingly to management
- Maintain defined patch levels for all applications, as well as provide timely compliance status reports
- Develop trend analysis, metrics reporting, and root cause analysis to identify and document lessons learned within Atlassian’s Confluence product
- Conduct analysis and recommend solutions for complex and emerging solutions
- Where applicable, improve overall system and administrator efficiency via increasing or modifying existing automation, or provisioning new automated activities
- Operate and maintain an enterprise anti-virus and malware system
- Assist with risk assessment, compliance and IAD scan activities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, MIS or equivalent education and experience
- Five (5) or more years of IT work experience of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Experience in monitoring and reporting tools
- Excellent technical skills as well as strong team orientation and communication
- Administration using PowerShell for AD and Exchange
- Deep understanding on HA for Exchange and SQL server, including DAGs, CAS Arrays and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016 in an enterprise environment including backup and restore procedures
- Windows and Active Directory PowerShell Scripting
- Strong understanding and experience with Active Directory 2012/2016 in an enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
- Experience with planning, coordinating and execution of SQL Server and Database consolidation efforts
- Strong understanding and ability to support and troubleshoot Microsoft DFS
- Administration using PowerShell for Quest and VMware
- Experience with Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert Certification (Server Infrastructure) or Microsoft Certified Solution Associate Certification (Microsoft Windows 2012 or higher)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Messaging
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Certification
- Active Directory, 2003, 2008, 2008R2 2012 & 2012R2 Enterprise Administration
- Certification like MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP in Exchange 2010 (or higher)
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.