Job Title: Settlement Analyst
Division:Tenaska Power Services Co.
Supervisor’s Title:Manager, Settlements
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Settlement Analyst validates, analyzes, and reports on financial settlements resulting from daily wholesale and retail operational and commercial activities in centrally cleared energy markets and retail choice markets for the Tenaska Power Services Co. (TPS) and Tenaska Power Management Divisions and their customers under the supervision of the Settlements Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for timely and accurate validation, analysis, and reporting of financial settlements resulting from daily wholesale and retail operational and commercial activities in centrally cleared energy markets and retail choice markets
- Communicates with Market Client Representatives on any issues preventing daily settlement
- Responsible for filing settlement disputes and supporting documentation on behalf of TPS and its customers and tracking the outcomes of those disputes
- Understands and has knowledge of market rules (protocols/business practices manuals) and complex settlement calculations and their impact on energy management decisions
- Interacts professionally with internal and external customers and responds quickly to their requests for information, analysis, and other inquiries
- Participates in centrally cleared market stakeholder meetings to stay abreast of market rule changes and their impacts on TPS and its customers
- Responsible for settlement charge type development and maintenance in TPS’s proprietary software system, creating data points and coding equations
- Responsible for settlement report and dashboard design and development in TPS's proprietary software system and vended visualization software
- Understands and has knowledge of TPS’s highly structured customer contracts to ensure accurate profit and loss analysis
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of settlement procedures documentation
- Creates specifications for downloading/uploading required data to/from Customer and Market portals and FTP sites to TPS’s proprietary software system
- Supports the Origination Department by providing settlement presentations and training for existing and potential customers
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is required
- Achieves Results/Has Bias for Action – Achieves stretch results. Strong bias for action with sense of urgency and high energy. Thrives in a collaborative working environment to ensure corporate goals are met.
- Customer Focus – Has ability to see from customer’s perspective. Viewed as business partner by customers. Anticipates customer needs to ensure there are no barriers to doing business.
- Uses Effective Communication Skills – Fluent use of English language. Candid, clear and concise in written and oral communication. Effectively matches communication style, tone, and method to audience. Connects with intended audience. Manages and promotes communication and feedback within the organization.
- Displays Leadership/Team Orientation – Displays and practices a high level of good judgment, thereby displaying a strong leadership/team orientation. Works collaboratively to achieve organization’s success. Effectively uses position and interpersonal skills to mobilize and inspire others to take action (situational leadership). Willing and able to lead beyond area of expertise.
- Technical Skills – Holds self and others to high standards. Strives to stay ahead of technical expertise and is proactive and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise. Ability to understand complex concepts and cause and effect relationships. Willing to learn TPS’s proprietary software to effectively use and develop solutions for TPS and its customers.
- Reliability/Dependability – Excellent work attendance. Proactively communicates time off. Responsive, meets goals, and follows through on a consistent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline; Electrical and Computer Engineering preferred (Five years of related experience for a related power industry company may be substituted for a degree)
- Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) market experience or other competitive energy market experience preferred
- Programming language/database knowledge, specifically C# programming, is a plus
- Fluent reading, writing, listening and speaking of Spanish language is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including EXCEL, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Responsive, meets goals, and follows through on a consistent basis
- Problem solving skills, ability to use logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches, distinguish trends and impacts, and identify causes and effects
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel.
The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings including local, domestic and foreign.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.