Veolia Energy has entered a long-term O&M Services Agreement with Georgia Renewable Power. GRP is currently building two state of the art 65 MW biomass-fueled power plants in north Georgia. These plants, in Franklin and Madison counties, respectively, are targeting Commercial Operations in 2019. Veolia Energy will be supporting the commissioning and startup, and is currently recruiting fo Operations Shift Supervisors
This position as an active membor of the management team will supervises four or more full time employees in the operations department. The shift supervisor will provide positive leadership, motivation, direction and training to onshift Operations Department employees. This position includes managing the shift activities and is responsible for ensuring that plant operations is completed safely, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner, while maintaining full environmental compliance.
Main job duties include:
- Plans, schedules, prioritizes and implements shift activities, including manpower, material, and equipment necessary for task completion that meets strict deadlines, budgetary confines, safety requirements, and work quality.
- Assists in the human resource functions of assigned team including hiring and firing, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling team. Recommends and provides input for salary and job change actions. Works with HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques.
- Prepares work orders either manually or from a CMMS system as required and prepares work related reports, procurement requisitions, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that consistent process control and LOTO procedures are followed in all assigned areas and shifts. Ensures that uniform monitoring and recordkeeping are performed facility-wide.
- Reviews and evaluates site reports, records, logs, and graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected energy needs. Prepares reports for internal purposes, client and regulatory agencies
- Provides leadership in achieving safety goals. Proactively manages safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards. Ensures that issues are identified, addressed, and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner.
- Establishes maintenance schedules and ensures that machines, equipment, tooling and other accessories are properly maintained and in top working condition. Assists in diagnosing and evaluating complex equipment and process failures.
- Recommends and maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in event of emergencies (i.e. prevent possible production outages, expensive damage to equipment, and possible personnel injury). Executes the plan if necessary.