Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Site Quality Engineer position. If you are looking for an opportunity to provide quality assurance support and lead cross-functional teams in pursuit of problem solving in a world class manufacturing facility, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan, design, and implement tests to monitor quality using engineering principles.
2. Acquire and analyze data using standard quantitative methods to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
3. Support manufacturing teams in understanding problems and investigating root cause; Serve as a technical advisor.
4. Ensure the implementation of effective solutions to prevent recurrence.
5. Initiate and facilitate cross-functional meetings to address quality issues and brainstorm solutions.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, or other technical degree, or equivalent experience
2+ years experience in quality engineering, process improvement, or data analytics
Strong facilitation, organization, and communication skills
Strong project management and problem solving skills
Knowledge of quality tools and process improvement techniques (FMEA, Six Sigma, PDCA, Lean Manufacturing, Pareto)
Knowledge of applicable industry standards
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Experience using metrology and statistical methods
Knowledge of probability/reliability concepts
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
Knowledge of design, manufacturing, and service processes
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.