Location(s): CO - Denver
Do you want to have a vital role supporting the infrastructure that provides electricity to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? Consider a position with Xcel Energy’s electric distribution team.
Performs the range of agent activities associated with the planning, siting and acquisition of permits and land rights for the construction, operation and maintenance of electrical and gas utility facilities for Xcel Energy and its operating and subsidiary companies. Works under minimal supervision conferring primarily on unusual matters and has appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions and/or decisions. We are looking for one Siting & Land Rights Agent for our Right of Way and Permits Department.
- Negotiate with landowners and their legal representatives for the acquisition and management of land rights for the above described gas and electric utility facilities, up to the process of condemnation. Prepare easement packages, perform abstracting and other related courthouse documentation searches to facilitate acquisition of easement rights.
- Prepare applications and negotiate for and obtain certain applicable permits from state and local land management agencies for gas and electric utility facilities. These include Conditional Use Permits from local municipalities. Prepare railroad and DOT permit applications for utility facility crossings and longitudinal encroachments. Prepare or assist in preparation of other local and state permits as required.
- Represent the company before local regulatory and land management agencies, boards, planning commissions and councils. Prepares project descriptions and summaries, responds to date requests and, with support from the project team, makes presentations to the governing jurisdiction’s representatives in public meetings in order to obtain approval for projects.
- Maintains a general understanding of applicable federal, state and local land rights laws, codes, ordinances and regulations. Familiar with effective negotiating strategies and techniques in order to secure land rights at a fair and equitable cost.
- Perform limited planning, assist in route alternative analysis, selection, and development of sites and corridors for small to moderate size gas and electric utility facilities. Depending on the scope and complexity of the individual project this responsibility requires close interaction with multi-disciplinary internal project teams, involving engineering, legal and project management staff.
- Ensure compliance with all land rights related permit conditions and landowner agreements including easement conditions, documentation and releases. Makes post-construction damage assessments and settlement payments to impacted landowners subject to approved price schedules.
- Provides assistance to other internal Xcel Energy departments and subsidiaries involving land rights management and acquisition, valuation, scheduling and cost estimates for siting and land rights activities.
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, land use planning, management or business (a combination of relevent education and experience totaling 8 years may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement)
- 2 years of increasingly complex siting, acquisition and/or land rights management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- GIS Experience preferred
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor preferred
- Prokect Management Experience preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Public Service Company || 51287:PSCo Right of Way & Permits || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 10903
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com