Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
This position plans and executes digital communications and social media strategies to support the company’s business and policy objectives. Accountable for developing and maintaining reputation, marketing and customer care communications in social media and other digital spaces. Works as part of a PR team that creates and implements internal and external strategic communications, public relations and marketing plans. Coordinates work with other Communications staff to ensure alignment with overall strategy for the company and/or business units, jurisdictions and issues.
Position is accountable for excellent communications project management, writing and client service. Contributes to corporate goals and targets through implementation of communications plans for internal and external audiences. Coordinates work with other Communications staff to ensure alignment with overall strategy for the company and/or business units, jurisdictions and issues.
- Plans, researches, writes, edits and coordinates development of print, electronic and web-based communications, including brochures, bill inserts, fact sheets, presentations and collateral material.
- Coordinates work and schedules with graphic designers, ensuring final products meet client needs. Documents and improves processes to produce quality, on-time results within budget.
- Serves on various cross-functional teams to provide communications perspectives and helps develop and implement plans and tactics to achieve team's mission. Provides communications counsel to clients.
- Works closely with vendor-partners, including printers, direct mail houses, bindery shops, etc., to ensure production meets quality and timing requirements; receives invoices and initiates payment process, including ensuring correct budget codes are used. Understands and supports Xcel Energy's brand; understands and demonstrates behaviors in accordance with the corporate values.
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related discipline.
- Five to seven years experience in positions that require significant, direct interaction with clients, designers and production vendors.
- Proven ability to write clearly, concisely, quickly and accurately, incorporating key messages and calls to action and using appropriate language and tone for the target audience.
- Able to progress on a variety of projects during the course of the workday and accustomed to working at a fast pace.
- Consultant in Customer Communications: experience and success in marketing communications for business-to-business and/or business-to-consumer products, including direct marketing, Internet marketing and collateral material development.
- Consultant in Resource Communications: knowledge of energy generation, transmission and field operations; familiarity with environmental issues as they relate to the utility industry; knowledge of business systems and technology also desirable.
- Consultant in Jurisdictional Communications: experience with rates and regulatory issues, state and local government affairs, public involvement, employee grassroots and political action activities and economic development.
- Experience with rates and regulatory issues, state and local government affairs, public involvement, employee grassroots and political action activities and economic development.
- Proficiency in social media management environments, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Salesforce Social Studio, Simply Measured, Exact Target Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Creative Suite (Photoshop, Final Cut, Illustrator), Wishpond, Offerpop or other social media management platforms.
- Experience or familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Copywriting and design as it relates to social media, email and video best practices.
- Crisis management.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Experience in the utility industry preferred.
- Work in an agency or corporate setting preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Corporate Secretary & Exec Svc || 71225:Strategic Communications Corp || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19552
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com