Propose and implement innovative solutions for challenges every day! Join SEL’s Information Services team and utilize your skill set to build up SEL’s global professional services division.
- Systems analysis and design together with data analysis and design
- Design, code, test, debug, document and maintain SEL Business Systems
- Implement and integrate vendor applications within the SEL Enterprise
- Make software recommendations to management
- Work with users to devise or modify processes to solve problems, improve efficiency, and reduce operational errors
- Prepare detailed specifications from which software will be implemented
- Provide project management, task leadership, and training for project team members
- Stay abreast of industry developments appropriate to delivering and supporting enterprise applications
- Follow and improve Information Services area processes
- B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise wide (ERP) application software
- Experience with SQL based applications and database modeling
- Proficiency building complex queries with SQL
- Software programming skills in C, C++, C#, VB.Net, Java, Python, or similar languages
- Strong writing, speaking, documentation, and training skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively in team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Experience developing and supporting applications in a Professional Services company
- Experience supporting Professional Services ERP software like Deltek Vision, Unanet Project ERP, Epicor PSA, or Netsuite OpenAir/SRP
- Experience with end-user reporting tools like Microsoft SSRS, SAP Business Objects, or Crystal Reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Transact SQL and Stored Procedures
- Development experience with Web Service API’s
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.