Job Grade: P
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Analyze & define IT solutions to meet business needs for small projects/applications & assist senior team members with large projects/applications. Provide input into application & infrastructure area demand by collaborating with customers, Business Systems partners, vendors & stakeholders to identify customer requirements, assess impact to other data systems, consider available alternatives, compare costs & recommend solutions. Manage process for smaller applications.Responsibilities
- Assist in managing demand for assigned applications or areas of infrastructure incl. prioritization, release management, & requirements definition. Ensure the proper alignment of business requirements related to new infrastructure/information systems solutions & enhancements to existing systems/infrastructure for small applications; assist senior team members in supporting large applications. Analyze user's business needs; make analytical decisions about application function. Determine functional specifications & communicate to IT vendor. Write & approve functional specifications, identify/document requirements, manage scope & coordinate justifiable solutions.
- Develop information systems & infrastructure solutions along with plans for assigned business/technical area. Participate in cross-functional teams to assure solutions & plans meet changing business/customer/competitive requirements. Provide consulting to all business area customers; ensure plans are integrated into business strategic/operational plans.
- Assist manager/peers with initiating & maintaining relationships with customers. Communicate effectively with business, IT peers & vendors to solve business/technical problems; provide technical solutions. Escalate customer concerns to management.
- Execute against IT plan for assigned business/technical area with guidance from manager/peers. Manage activities relative to the business area IT plan (application portfolio management, data security & determination of the business requirements for disaster recovery, availability & fail-over capability of systems). Stay abreast of operational performance & impact to business. Serve as key respondent/facilitator for internal/external application audits.
- Develop/leverage relationships with IT Operations area/other CO Operations teams so that solutions are aptly prioritized within overall scope of activities.
- Respond to organizational & regulatory initiatives/directives. Understand/implement necessary procedures & infrastructure required to facilitate completion of operational changes with guidance from manager/peers.
- Stay abreast of industry/technology trends to provide advice on when to innovate & when to use traditional approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mgmt Information Systems, Computer Science, Eng./related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of application/IT infrastructure support, or 5 years of utility experience in lieu of IT background supporting corp. applications/support infrastructure.
- Demonstrated strong acumen in the business area of support/technical areas of IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of one or more core applications (HRIS, Accounting, Work Management, Mapping & Design, etc.) or equiv.
- Proven strong analytical skills.
- Proven excellence in analysis, documentation & presentation.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical terms & technical language into bus. terminology.
- Proven experience working well with others in a customer-focused dept. to deliver both business processes & system functionality in support of business initiatives.
- Proficient in applicable PC programs & MS-Office tools. Advanced degree may be equivalent to some required work experience.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56117:Field Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19028
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org