Requisition ID: 15623
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
Join the dynamic Integrated Supply Chain organization...
The ideal candidate will support the materials sourcing team by purchasing various components necessary for various business units and have a minimum of 2 years experience. In addition, provide support for ad hoc requests and work in a team environment in a positive and collaborative manner. We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!
This position executes the sourcing process for assigned business areas and administers policies and programs directed towards providing contracted services and materials. Employees in this role prepare simple sourcing agreements containing limited changes to the company's standard terms and conditions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Executes the sourcing process for assigned areas
• Analyzes responses to simple bid requests, points out commercial differences, and makes succinct recommendations in selecting appropriate suppliers for contract awards
• Develops and maintains relationships with business units and suppliers, and conducts simple negotiations successfully
• Leads and/or participates on sourcing project teams
• Recommends and communicates sourcing strategy, progress, and results to supervision and ISC management
• Conducts industry analysis and evaluates supplier performance
• Provides market data to support supplier selection, qualification, and on-going performance management
• Drives down the total cost of ownership, and assists in managing the external spend
• Participates in sourcing data analysis, forecasting and planning
• Develops new sources of supply and monitors ongoing supplier performance
• Conducts business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for corporate guidelines, legal and environmental regulations
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor's - Business Administration
• Bachelor's - Engineering
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001)
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.