Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Assist in the planning, coordination, implementation and delivery of information technology business solutions in a fast-paced environment. Follows technical coordination of the manager, team lead, and more senior developers in accordance with business unit IT objectives. Provides tactical input to business unit management regarding systems development. Work with business unit subject matter experts to identify requirements and solution, or, coordinates with senior technical staff to fulfill those requirements.
- Supports, maintains and develops installation and rollout plans for Business Unit technologies and ensures plans are met. Interacts with clients to determine business requirements and project objectives. Identifies gaps and resolves. Presents system level solutions.
- Works with users to determine requirements of critical systems. Provides support and maintenance for critical and non-critical business applications.
- Assists with, plans, designs, develops, tests, implements, supports, and maintains information systems solutions using client server, n-tiered and web-based technology. Ensures that projects installed are effectively adding value to the business area.
- Provides technical guidance to development staff in conjunction with business area software products and instructs developers on technical decision points.
- Keep abreast of technology, industry and business trends to ensure that appropriate technologies are being considered in the planning process that meet organizational requirements.
- At least 3 years of enterprise wide system implementation related maintenance or development experience.
- Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- In-depth knowledge of development technology as well as industry’s business and operational software.
- Understanding of how Information technologies can be used and applied to the business unit.
- Ability to understand changes in technology in detail, and determine how best to source technology to meet the client’s needs.
- Knowledge of object-oriented technology and implementation techniques.
- Ability to understand business processes and coordinate with other developers in system deployment.
- Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional desired.
- Experience in web development as well as distributed application development and maintenance preferred.
- Microsoft VB/.Net and Java experience preferred.
- Experience supporting commercial operations applications commercial application use
- Experience supporting independent system operator market participation applications
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 06359:CO Commercial Enterprises || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16884
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org