Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position provides detailed designs for transmission lines, electrical or gas distribution and transmission substation projects. The designer is specialized in one of three technical areas: physical, control, or civil design, but capable of working in all three technical areas. The designer works in support of capital improvements, modifications and system reconfigurations completed by construction, operations or maintenance.
- Efficiently produces plan & profile drawings, route maps, sag charts, new designs for grading, grounding, foundations, structures, conduit plans, 3 lines, one-lines, ac and dc schematics, metering, relaying, controls, section views, or panel layouts. Designs are clear, concise and can be easily interpreted by construction personnel. Designs are produced within the schedule requirements using the most cost effective design methods available.
- Coordinates project development on small, routine projects, including equipment problems, and design modifications required by project changes. (design, construction or system emergency).
- Works in a team environment and is considered a valued team member by other team members. Provides support for well executed team efforts on projects including planning, scheduling, cost and budget control, and communication to the project team members, and management.
- Perform inspection work, and maintain liaison with construction and/or contractor field construction personnel to ensure adequacy of design, and compliance with plans and specifications.
- Effectively plan design activities, in accordance with the project teams plans, to assure projects are completed as scheduled. Update the schedules to reflect an accurate status of the project’s progress. Estimate resources required to complete CAD activities associated with the rojects.
- Gives due consideration to the issue of safety procedures or philosophies to avoid unsafe practices and/or equipment installations.
- Adheres to existing design standards and work is routinely checked for accuracy.
- Produce a list of materials required to complete the construction of the project.
- Associates Degree in drafting, design, engineering or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of two years of high voltage electric substation/transmission CAD Operator experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use Windows operating system, Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, etc) and computer-aided drafting applications required.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn and apply in a short period of time, Xcel Energy drafting and design standards.
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends during system emergencies and some project events.
- Subject to on call duty.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 41565:Transm Engineer South XS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18916
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com