Serves as a subject matter expert for equal employment compliance, workers' compensation, leave management and compliance obligations of employee benefit plans in support of the Cooperative's strategic plan. Works collaboratively with colleagues to execute programs in all locations.
* Manages HR programs impacting employee leave, including short term disability, long term disability, Worker’s Compensation and FMLA.
* Administers Workers Compensation activities to ensure accurate record keeping, promotion of safety, accident prevention and employee wellness, timely reporting and subsequent coordination relating to on-the-job accidents and investigations and compliance with federal and state regulations and record keeping requirements.
* Participates in the evaluation of the self-funded employee health insurance program to ensure competitiveness, proper communication and prompt and effective response to employee needs. Coordinates internal/external audits and other HR compliance requirements.
* Coordinates, implements and communicates Equal Employment practices and activities, including research of current and pending legislation to ensure equal employment opportunity and compliance with federal and state regulations.
* Administers the required training on HR compliance related topics to ensure regulatory requirements are met along with ensuring proper utilization of the programs.
* Performs and participates in detailed research and analysis of activities such as employee leave, worker’s compensation, HR compliance etc. Provides management reporting utilizing HRIS.
* Provides consultation to company management on HR compliance related topics and ensures HR colleagues are knowledgeable about compliance requirements concerning their specific areas of responsibility.
* Other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned.
Office environment. Some travel and work outside of normal business hours. While working in certain areas of the plant there is the potential for exposure to hazards typical of an industrial working environment. Must be able to follow established protective measures including, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
5 years of experience in a progressively responsible HR generalist or specialist role at the professional level is required. Experience should include employee benefits administration, compensation administration, Workers' Compensation, leave management, labor relations, etc. Strong understanding of ERISA application, DOL regulations, HIPAA, internal controls and audits.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area is required. Professional certification (PHR, SPHR) is preferred. Advanced degree in Human Resources, Business or Law is desirable.