Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Using expert level knowledge, designs and manages the Company's EEO Investigation process for multi-jurisdictions to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws regarding Equal Employment Opportunity. Also manages internal employee investigations involving non-EEO related matters, code-of-conduct and other performance management issues. Consults with leadership and management on both tactical and strategic levels and provides tactical solutions to workplace issues for the purpose of complying with all aspects of Equal Employment Opportunity laws and corporate policy.
- Apply expert level knowledge and skill to investigate internally filed complaints of discrimination, harassment, reasonable accommodation, code-of-conduct violations and other workforce relations issues. Skillfully interviews employees, vendors and/or customers as appropriate to ascertain relevant facts regarding the allegations. Determines and obtains other sources of relevant evidence, preserves copies of documents or data files and analyzes the information to determine if there is evidence of a violation of Corporate policy. Writes concise and precise investigative reports and based on analysis of the facts, designs intervention strategies to resolve issues and minimize future corporate liability.
- Applies expert level EEO statutory and case law concepts to investigate and officially respond to Federal, State, and Local agency's charges of discrimination for all jurisdictions. Manages all contact with the representatives from the agencies and advocates the Company's position in response to requests for information and on-site investigations by agency representatives. Represents BU leadership and advocates the Company's position in the EEO administrative process and mediates a resolution of agency charges as appropriate. Consults with leadership, management and legal counsel to minimize legal liability. Provides case specific technical expertise and support to legal services during preparation for litigation.
- Assess, diagnose, and provide intervention strategies in consultation with leadership, managers and other Human Resource professionals on discrimination, harassment, reasonable accommodations, code-of-conduct, disability management, performance and behavior management and other serious workforce relations issues to minimize or eliminate legal liability. Uses research and analysis as it applies to equal employment opportunity compliance and employment law to effectively support the Company's business goals.
- Apply expert level knowledge and skill to develop customized EEO, Managing Employee and Performance Issues, and Diversity curriculum and deliver it to leadership, managers and employees. Design effective instruments and perform effective analysis to quantitatively and qualitatively evaluate overall effectiveness, cost benefit and ultimate bottom line impact of the training and return on investment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business with a related Human Resources specialty (6 years of experience in HR and EEO may substitute for the degree)
- Human resources and/or EEO experience to include 5 years experience conducting investigations and responding to agency charges of discrimination
- Strong working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws as they pertain to Equal Employment Opportunity
- In-depth technical writing skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- 20-30% local travel and a valid state driver's license
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Extensive employee issue investigation experience
- Strong preference given to candidate with a strong knowledge of title 7
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 84020:EEO and Employee Relations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17153
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org