PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB MAY BE FILLED AT A LEAD, SENIOR OR PRINCIPAL LEVEL ENGINEER DEPENDING ON THE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CANDIDATE.
Position Summary Description
Responsible to the Project Manager/Construction Manager for the day-to-day engineering oversight and technical coordination of a combined cycle construction project. Coordinate and collaborate with lead contractor (Engineer, Procure and Construct), internal staff, and other contributing contractors to ensure on-site coordination of technical designs, test plans, and provide guidance for resolution of all technical issues. Provide engineering and technical support to the project team from start of detailed design engineering and initial construction through commercial operation and final delivery of the facility. Monitor ongoing project progress and assess actual and potential risks to schedule and budget. Positively contribute to a project culture that results in extraord inary safety, quality, budget and schedule performance. Investigate potentially serious situations and recommend corrective measures. Assess and report on project work, ensuring objectives are met on time and within budget. Closely monitor progress and identify any potential and critical issues. Position located in Palatka, FL at the construction site; however, periodic travel to headquarters in Tampa, FL will be required.
* Ensure adherence to safety and quality standards.
* Assure as-installed conditions meet as-designed conditions
* Oversee the development and maintenance of technical drawings, plans and procedures.
* Participate in processes to identify, monitor, mitigate and report on project risks.
* Collaborate on all aspects of project engineering from detailed design through commissioning.
* Contribute to the development and completion of project management plans (PMPs).
* Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and externally with project counterparties.
* Facilitate interaction between contract personnel involved in construction activities with Owner’s operations personnel from commissioning through initial operation and plant acceptance.
* Support technical aspects of the change management process
* Actively manage constructability / operability / maintainability design reviews
* Serve as site focal point for document management issues
* Provide input to reporting requirement as needed
* Maintain project history through reports, meeting minutes, photos, etc.
* Perform other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned.
Office, power plant and construction site environments. Occasional travel to various locations to visit power plants, other industrial facilities, and attend meetings with consultants and equipment suppliers is required. Some extra work outside of normal business hours occasionally required. Must be available to work extended hours and respond to call outs. Requires working on an active construction site with its associated extreme temperatures, inclement weather, high noise levels, working heights, and dusty or dirty conditions. Must wear a hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses while at plants. May be r equired to use other personal protective equipment such as hearing and respiratory protection. Must be able to effectively utilize catwalks and ascend/descend portable and stationary ladders. Must be capable of working effectively from heights of 250 feet. Must be able to safely lift objects of 25 lbs. Must be capable of effectively using a computer, telephone, and two-way radio. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR). A valid passport may be required or ability to obtain one for any travel outside of the United States.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field. Experience in managing and leading construction projects with values in excess of $150 million. Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in major project and construction or power plant engineering roles including on-site engineering oversight and technical conformance review. Excellent written and spoken English language communication skills. Desirable: Power plant development and operations experience, advanced business or technical degree, PMP certification.
* Project Management
* Project Scheduling and Reporting
* Risk Management
* Cost estimating and reporting
* Power Plant Engineering
* Contract Administration
* Problem Solving
* Attention to Detail