Job Grade: R
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Direct accountability and responsibility for the simultaneous planning, designing, and implementing of the strategic road maps of multiple technologies and projects, while planning for lifecycle of Assets and leading multiple projects. Under general direction, maintains the integrity of the systems and/or network environment. Lead users and technical teams in incident resolution, systems monitoring configuration, and problem analysis. Lead deployment of new systems and/or network infrastructure.
- User Support - Provide in depth technical information to users as appropriate. Analyze more complex end user issues and recommends fixes or improvements. Lead efforts with users to develop complex systems and/or network solutions. May act as user liaison on large projects.
- Problem Resolution - Own resolving escalated Asset problem and incident management issues. Recognize problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Identify solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach. Responsible for developing improvements and innovations to enhance performance. Support systems testing and validation design activities.
- Technical Support – Responsible for the overall installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of systems and/or network infrastructure, in support of complex processing requirements. Understand and own the technology footprint. Focus on improving performance of systems and/or network. Recommend and implement strategies to improve systems reliability and performance. Conduct capacity analysis for systems and/or network infrastructure. Ability to independently design and develop scripts and task automations to improve processing efficiency, repeatability and quality.
- Leadership – Review work and ensure quality standards are met. Act as a team lead to train, coach, and mentor others, and/or provide project leadership. Motivate others to action and addresses delicate situations, requiring tact and diplomacy using written and oral skills. Collaborate with business leaders companywide. Responsible for aspects of vendor relationship management.
- Communications – Write and present reports, and proposals for internal and external audiences. Interpret other viewpoints and assimilates them into work processes. Formally transfers technical or administrative knowledge to others. Actively participates in regular status meetings. Prepare written status reports and responses to customer inquiries.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least six years of experience in IT infrastructure and/or network support.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all phases of operating systems, HW, SW, and concepts on at least one platform, and demonstrated competency in multiple related technologies.
- Has taken leadership role on large projects.
- Strong leadership, written, and oral communications skills.
- Configure the Cloud Management service, and monitor and manage the services for the providers AWS, Azure, and VMware.
- Experience implementing and configuring Chef Configuration management
- Proven track record of successful in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based operating systems and software
- Experience creating automated scripts and software
- Systems automation knowledge such as DSC, Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes, Salt, Ansible, Packer, and Docker
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56784:Converged & Storage Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19121
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org